Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

All Hail The new KING; ZO6!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 09:25 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All Hail The new KING; ZO6!

ORIGINAL: dubvipers

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

In the case on the ZO6 vs the Viper the ZO6 is the real deal.
You may have the Viper because of the $20,000 difference, but you're paying for what you get... America's real sports car. Instead of the 505Hp V8 from the Vette, you're getting a 510Hp V10 capable of way more then the V8 can ever concieve. Just look at the Hennesey Viper Venom which took the wolrd's top speed at 255Mph. You didn't see that with the Ligenfeltner Vette. The Vette may also beat the Viper straight out in a quarter mile, but top speed the Viper SRT-10 would crush the Vette...governers removed. The brakes are unbelievable, and had the best stopping distance compared to the Vette and GT...and what else? Oh yeah, GM knew they had the real deal on their hands, so what did they do? Stole the Viper's looks in a poor attempt to have America's greatest sport car. You guys can't even create your own. How lame is that!
Just wait until 2007 and come back saying the same thing about the Vette>Viper. I gaurentee it won't happen with the SRT Viper team.

Tyler Benson
Pensacola

-Matt-
nguhahahahaha, you got owned by us, well, this is a dodge forum, but since i read your first post, that wasn't nice in front of us anyways, well, i wouldn't be driving the Z06 and crashing into the semi in front of me, i'd be braking faster, WITH THE VIPER!
Well, hand me over the convertible viper and we will whoop your vette butt if i had the chance to, and im with the bold part here

oh yea! MORE RARE! i've only seen 3 SRT10 Vipers in my life on the road and they are only silver, and three times only!? missouri oklahoma and wichita kansas in a rich neighborhood, WOW, i've seen all of these crappy 06 Vettes everywhere i go
Why would a SRT-10 convertible be faster than the coupe? It isn't.

I went down to the dodge dealership ansd saw the viper convertible for 85k.

My dad knows a chevy salesman and says that he is selling the zo6's for 92k+.

I never say "whoa theres a corvette", you them them almost every day.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:38 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I live in one of the biggest racing cities in the world, and I see Vipers, Vettes, Porsches almost daily. To me, they arent rare. I used to hang out at the track all summer, as we have the Indy 500, the Grand Prix race, and the Brickyard 400 (named something stupid now) here in just a 3 month span. I see all kinds of cars down there.

Outside of personal taste and money, the real reason you dont see a sh*tload of Vipers is there just arent that many made period. You want to say rare, but the reality is, they barely make enough to qualify as a true production car. I think they make 20,000 a year at best.

You say its rare, but they honestly DONT make a whole lot of them to begin with. So how is it rare? I dont know that they could sell more then what they produce now as it is. I dont consider these one off sports cars like the Hennessey Viper, Bugatti Veyron, the F1 McClaren, and a few others to be real sportscars, as most of these you cant even buy parts for let alone repair yourself.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:01 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I live in one of the biggest racing cities in the world, and I see Vipers, Vettes, Porsches almost daily. To me, they arent rare. I used to hang out at the track all summer, as we have the Indy 500, the Grand Prix race, and the Brickyard 400 (named something stupid now) here in just a 3 month span. I see all kinds of cars down there.

Outside of personal taste and money, the real reason you dont see a sh*tload of Vipers is there just arent that many made period. You want to say rare, but the reality is, they barely make enough to qualify as a true production car. I think they make 20,000 a year at best.

You say its rare, but they honestly DONT make a whole lot of them to begin with. So how is it rare? I dont know that they could sell more then what they produce now as it is. I dont consider these one off sports cars like the Hennessey Viper, Bugatti Veyron, the F1 McClaren, and a few others to be real sportscars, as most of these you cant even buy parts for let alone repair yourself.
Well since we are back off topic, I have to reply to this.

You are WAY off. You should know what you are talking about before posting. I do not know if there is such a rule that so many has to be built to be considered a production car or if you just made that up. In any event Viper production is very limited, I do not have complete GEN III numbers but I do have I and II. Not even close to 20K per year, not even 20K from 1992-2003!

Your arguement that many are not made..... Even less that you thought. Then you say since many are not made does not make them rare. Ummm, yea, that makes sense. That is the definition of a rare car, low number produced and even lower in existance due to wrecks and other circumstances. This is why I bought the car. As I said above, not made for the masses, rare car. Yes, low production=rare. Simple math.

This info obtained from http://ivr.viperclub.org/build.php While not official it is within a few units.

'92 285
'93 1043
'94 3083
'95 1577
'96 721
'96 GTS 1166
'97 RT/10 117
'97 GTS 1671
'98 RT/10 379
'98 GTS 837
'99 RT/10 549
'99 GTS 699
'99 ACR 215
'00 RT/10 840
'00 GTS/ACR 949
'00 ACR 218
'01 RT/10 874
'01 GTS/ACR 877
'01 ACR 227
'02 RT/10 545
'02 GTS/ACR 918
'02 ACR 159
'03 1875

Old 11-27-2005, 10:16 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I was exaggerating my point about how many are made. I knew they didnt make very many a year, and that was really what I was getting at.

True, I was way off base on the numbers, and I didnt know they were THAT limited in number. Still, You are producing a supercar as opposed to producing a sportscar. You can afford to jack prices up when you make 2-300 a year rather then 25,000 a year. Even still, you arent outperforming a massproduced car?

I guess I just have a different take on rare. A Ferrari Enzo is rare. They make a new Viper every year. I'd even put the McClaren F1 as rare before I'd ever put the Viper as a rare car.

Now, yes they do make limited quantities of them. That doesnt make it rare. Maybe what we should be saying is there is a limited run every year.

Thanks for the correct production info numbers, that was really good stuff.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Rome sky
Rookie

Well
I have a few reasons for saying the ZO6 is king. Remember I'm comparing it to the Ford GT as well but wrote the post mostly about it vs the viper because of something I read in here. Ok with that out of the way. You can buy one for 65k, and thats in my price range. Two what happened at Nurburging. Only one production car was faster than the ZO6 and thats the Porsche Carrera GT ( 450k). Then again the win was only by 10 seconds so it was a very good run. By the way Nurburging is where the world goes to find out how fast a car is, and America is number 2 and if you look at 0-60 time, 1/4 mile times, top speed, price, track times over a closed track ( hot laps or standing starts), Oh and miles per gallon (16-26). Then america wins and the ZO6 is the true king of the world right now. Some say mile to the gallon don't matter but if you drive it everyday it does. Motor Trend, Road and Track and Car and Driver is crowning the ZO6 as well. Just read what they are writing.
Don't get me wrong the Ford GT is a fast car, and if you were going to go to a shootout with germany/ italy. Then yes take the GT, but if you had to own a car, live with it and you don't have a pit crew you better take the ZO6. If not you may have a long day.
In short if I were to go on pinks and had a ZO6 vs a viper. I would sleep good the night before. Now if I had the viper vs the ZO; the night before I would be up shaving the tires. Dumping the spare tire, pulling up the floor board, iceing the manifold, taking gas out, and peeing. More than likely I would still have to find a way home.
I think one of the best cars ever made is the 98 GTS. Nonetheless in less than two years the car I'm putting in my driveway is a 65k world killer. If you disagree thats fine but remember what I said about the stop light. See you at the track! Oh and you better bring it!

Old 11-28-2005, 01:49 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

You can't call the zo6 the "king of the world." There are many cars faster than it. Don't talk about the price either because right now they're selling for about 30k over the sticker.

And "only" ten seconds?

Old 11-28-2005, 12:28 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

You can buy one for 65k, and thats in my price range.
Tyler I'm a car fan as well, not one of these Dodge biased ****'s, but you keep ranting only about cost. Nothing about interior, features, how rare it is, benefits, etc. If it's really just about cost to you, buy your Vette. There's nothing more I can say about the cost king Vette.

-Matt-

Old 11-28-2005, 01:03 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The only thing keeping the Viper from being in lots more people's driveways is the cost of the car. I can guarantee you if more people had 100k to drop on it, there'd be more being built and sold.

The Viper isnt a Lambo or a Ferrari. Hell, it's not even a Shelby. The reality is, its a production car that is put out every year. So to say its rare is a stretch, more like limited quantities.

Now, I'll say it like it this. The Corvette is the King of the Sportscar world....... The Viper is more of a supercar, and thus, not really in the same league as the Vette.

I do want to add this though, the only thing really seperating the Viper and the Vette nowadays is the engine size. The Viper when it first came out was like both Chase and 94rt10ohio have said, were pretty bare and stripped down. Nowadays they have pretty much the same commodities as the Vette.

Take the V10 outta the Viper and really, the Vette would own it left and right. Or, slap a V10 in a Vette and I wonder what it could do...... The really sad part is, Chevy needs to step it up to a V10 option, and the even worst part is, Dodge still hasnt proven the Viper is a Vette Killer yet. Yeah, they win some races, but it shouldnt EVEN BE CLOSE TO BEGIN WITH.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:18 PM
CamminSVT

The only thing keeping the Viper from being in lots more people's driveways is the cost of the car. I can guarantee you if more people had 100k to drop on it, there'd be more being built and sold.

The Viper isnt a Lambo or a Ferrari. Hell, it's not even a Shelby. The reality is, its a production car that is put out every year. So to say its rare is a stretch, more like limited quantities.

Now, I'll say it like it this. The Corvette is the King of the Sportscar world....... The Viper is more of a supercar, and thus, not really in the same league as the Vette.

I do want to add this though, the only thing really seperating the Viper and the Vette nowadays is the engine size. The Viper when it first came out was like both Chase and 94rt10ohio have said, were pretty bare and stripped down. Nowadays they have pretty much the same commodities as the Vette.

Take the V10 outta the Viper and really, the Vette would own it left and right. Or, slap a V10 in a Vette and I wonder what it could do...... The really sad part is, Chevy needs to step it up to a V10 option, and the even worst part is, Dodge still hasnt proven the Viper is a Vette Killer yet. Yeah, they win some races, but it shouldnt EVEN BE CLOSE TO BEGIN WITH.

Im glad you said Chevy V-10..... There have been in development for quit sometime now! And expected to put out 580-600hp N/A [sm=interesting.gif]

Ps: Viper's you are on the chopping block for many years to come.... Because, Chevy Corvette has been doing there Homework[sm=groupwave.gif]

And the reason people are paying 90K for a 65K car is that its the BEST OUT NOW!~

-Steve-

Old 11-29-2005, 12:00 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

geezz, i live in kansas and i barely see them everyday, i saw them every 4months or so, but hey if there were vipers everywhere in wichita, i'd take my camera everytime i go to school, church, anywhere!!!! but to go back to the stupid topic, I WILL NEVER HAIL TO THE VETTE, I HAVE A VETTE CAR MODEL DOWNSTAIRS WHICH I DON'T LIKE ANYMORE AND I COULD SMASH IT RIGHT NOW AND POST THE PICTURE RIGHT HERE AND WHICH I PLAN TO DO

Quick Reply: All Hail The new KING; ZO6!