Black Truck Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 01:23 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks okla!

Hey guys, it's been fun Chasram (wherever you've gone), but now I gotta stare at a street truck for May. Nice truck jay, thanks again bud for the calendars!

Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 AM
OklaHemi
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i just looked at the calender and thought to myself how bad *** his truck is. onward hoooooooooooooo. Thanks for the reminder

Old 05-01-2010, 02:22 PM
4matty3
Captain

okla- love the taillights. still work awesome, only thing is that in the sun the red reflector is a little strong. it kinda takes away the black look. but i still love them.

joe- headlights are sick dude, u should get the rims powdercoated black. if u were closer id do them for you. what hood u getting?

Old 05-01-2010, 03:30 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

yea my plan is just to plasti-dip the wheels for now. The wheels I've got now are pretty old and pitted so I just want to keep them as a winter set. I want to get some 35s and I'll get some black rims to go with them.

The hood will look like this (without the decal) when it's finished at the bodyshop.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:30 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

whats the 6.4 hemi? i thought it was 6.1

Old 05-01-2010, 06:09 PM
4matty3
Captain

the venom. awesome. i see u posting over there in vtcoa. those dudes over there have serious cash.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
Thanks for the pic. I was wondering how obnoxious the cowl would look when driving but that doesnt look like it will be a problem.
After about two days you will get used to it. Plus, you will really like it when you park next to a truck with a SRT hood on it and you see how dramatic the difference is between the two hoods.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:10 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
whats the 6.4 hemi? i thought it was 6.1
He claims to have a 392 Hemi. I havent really investigated what his setup is but I think its just a 5/7 that he had an engine builder modify. But who knows. Here's his youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigBadDodge4x4

Originally Posted by 4matty3
the venom. awesome. i see u posting over there in vtcoa. those dudes over there have serious cash.
Yea, thats where I found the hood . The guy Im getting it from has a SC procharged red srt10 with over 900hp. Custom built roll cages and all kinds of craziness. He has two of these hoods just sitting in his garage for the last year lol.

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
After about two days you will get used to it. Plus, you will really like it when you park next to a truck with a SRT hood on it and you see how dramatic the difference is between the two hoods.
Yea, after I've been looking at the venom hood lately then seeing silverbullets hood, I'm glad I went with the venom. The srt10 hood is still nicer than the stock one, but a slightly higher cowl with a hole in it wasnt worth the $600 the guy here wanted for it. Plus, I havent seen one ram out here with the venom hood yet so now I'll have something unique . Also the $350 price tag was hard to pass up. Gives me more spending room to make the hood perfect.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

There is a truck rolling around here with an srt hood that I see at the bank sometimes. Next time I see it I am going to park next to it an get a pic so people can see how much of a difference there really is between the srt and venom hoods.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:38 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

Yea that would make a good comparison. I don't think I've ever seen the two side-by-side before.

Got me another "mod" today and sadly its not black. So when my stock battery finally died after 6 years, I went to walmart and bought their Everstart MAX battery. Well its only been a few months and the battery has basically crapped out and won't hold a charge anymore because the 2 or 3 deep cycles I've done to the battery has basically rendered it useless. Of course I can't find the receipt for it anymore so I can't return it. Went to Sams Club today and saw they were selling Optima batteries. I said what the hell and bought a yellow top. I was gunna get the redtop instead but they were sold out. The yellow was only $20 more. I was planning on getting the DieHard platinum battery since it's better than the optimas in every category but the yellow top was $30 cheaper and I was already at Sams. The yellow top as a 3 year free replacement plan. The sams club lady said just bring in the receipt and if it's before the 3 year warranty, they'll just hand me a new battery off the rack. Hell yea, so looks like I'll be getting a new yellow top every three years. Once I got home I scanned the receipt on my computer and placed the damn thing in my safe.

Name:  IMG_3954.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  62.0 KB

Quick Reply: Black Truck Club