5.9L Engine Club

Old 10-20-2018, 01:54 AM
Andrew Macdonald
Default 2001 ram 1500 5.9

Looking to learn

Old 06-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Tyler Willis
Default 5.9 club

Count me in! I have a 2002 3rd gen quad cab short bed slt 4x4 5.9 with the 46RE found the jewel at my local junk yard and they didnt know anything about it....so after I did some research I found out it was a title loan repo and it had ran good prior to the auction house picking it up with the forklift and bending the driveshaft and cracking the overdrive extension housing...but it had a clean title so I took the plunge and paid 1,110$ after tax and title for it drove it home and called my local transmission shop to order the extension housing for 150$ and had my buddy that has his own machine shop build me a driveshaft for 60$ I've had no problems with it since. Other than my 11 mpg average but whoever owned it previously took very good care of it because it had been repainted and had a good leveling kit on it with dodge 20" chrome wheels wrapped in copper discover A/TP . I lucked out with this truck...I've had someone offer me 5500 for it and turned it down...I'll have this truck forever.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:58 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Wow, not THAT was a great deal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.9L Engine Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: