General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CODE 43

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Bigg_billy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CODE 43

hI,

LAST WEEK MY TRUCK WAS BUCKING AND MISSING AND SET A 43. FOLKS SAID REPLACE MY COIL AND I DID, TODAY ON THE HIGHWAY IT BUCKED A LITTLE AND WHEN I GOT OFF THE HIGHWAY IT WAS WORSE AND STALLED. IT KEPT STARTING AND DYING. AFTER A WHILE I GOT IT RUNNING AND MADE IT HOME. I LET IT COOL OFF AND NOW IT RUNS FINE BUT I'M AFRAID TO GO ANYWHERE. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS. SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT I JUST SAW THEM NOW. NEW PLENUM GASKET, PLUGS, CAP, COIL. SEEMS FUEL RELATED, PLEASE HELP.

BILL

Old 11-19-2004, 09:33 PM
stic
Professional
Default RE: CODE 43

have you checked the fuel filter?maybe you got some bad gas.i really cant say,hopefully theres someone listening that can help.
im sorry i dont have a better answer for ya.but i was wonderin why you cannot post the same topics in 2 different areas.it would just seem to me that bigg_billy wants an answer and the best way to get that answer is to ask more ppl.maybe some people frequent the general tech forum more than the 2nd generation forum.maybe some ppl dont even go to the gen tech.
im not trying to be rude and get anyone irritated,i would just like to know what the big deal is.i like this forum,theres alot of good info on here.ive been helped on more than one occasion.
please explain.

Old 11-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Big Green 4X4 98

Had the same problem.....Catalitic converter was clogged......Also check the fuel filter and check the PSI on your fuel rail

Old 12-11-2004, 10:07 AM
SnipeRT
Rookie

A two digit code of "43" only tells us that you are experiencing either a single cylinder or multiple cylinder MISFIRES. There could be MANY different causes for this problem. It would be helpful if you could get your computer scanned and get back to us with a "P-code".

Old 12-13-2004, 01:56 AM
casper
Legend

The P-codes are only on newer cars and trucks with the newer PCMs. I have a 98 neon, and anywhere I go or any scanner I uses gives me a 2 digit code.

Old 12-13-2004, 03:22 AM
SnipeRT
Rookie

ORIGINAL: casper

The P-codes are only on newer cars and trucks with the newer PCMs. I have a 98 neon, and anywhere I go or any scanner I uses gives me a 2 digit code.
All cars & light trucks sold in the US on/after January 1st, 1996 were required to have OBDII. The P-codes are an OBDII feature. P0XXX codes are general trouble codes for all makes, and P1XXX codes and manufacturer specific trouble codes. The reason you were only able to get a 2 digit code from your 98 neon is because you were probably using a cheap $20 code scanner from Walmart that flashed an LED light. Get a REAL scantool/DRB next time...

Old 12-16-2004, 10:18 PM
casper
Legend

No actually I was getting the codes right off the car. Why go spend $300 on a scanner when I can get the same information right out of the car? If I want actual numbers, I can just bring the car to my friends shop and put it on his computer.

Old 12-17-2004, 01:17 AM
SnipeRT
Rookie

No actually I was getting the codes right off the car. Why go spend $300 on a scanner when I can get the same information right out of the car? If I want actual numbers, I can just bring the car to my friends shop and put it on his computer.
Well then why did you just say this?
anywhere I go or any scanner I uses gives me a 2 digit code.
I guess when you said "anywhere" you weren't referring to your "friend's shop" and when you said "any scanner" you weren't referring to "his computer". If you are going to lie about something, try not to do so in the same thread that you would later expose your own lie in.

So which is is? Is there or is there NOT a scantool that retreives P-codes from your Neon? Who was right, and who was wrong? Come on, I wanna' hear it Junior!!!!

Old 12-17-2004, 01:25 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: SnipeRT

Well then why did you just say this?
anywhere I go or any scanner I uses gives me a 2 digit code.
I guess when you said "anywhere" you weren't referring to your "friend's shop" and when you said "any scanner" you weren't referring to "his computer". If you are going to lie about something, try not to do so in the same thread that you would later expose your own lie in.

So which is is? Is there or is there NOT a scantool that retreives P-codes from your Neon? Who was right, and who was wrong? Come on, I wanna' hear it Junior!!!!
I really hate argueing with stupid people. The Auto X-ray scanner will give a 2 digit code for my car, as well as the computer at my friends shop. I have had my codes read at Autozone, again they gave me a 2 digit code. I am not sure what brand the computer is at his shop, but its an expensive machine. As for the exact number that I was talking about, I was refering to actual voltage from a certain sensor, or the exact temperature that the sensor is reading. I have yet to get a P code from any code reading device for my car. So I would have to say that you are wrong. Now if you are talking about I believe its a 2000 or 2001, then yes they do read P codes. Oh and Junior, I have been around cars and trucks workin on them for almost as long as you have been alive.

Quick Reply: CODE 43