General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Scherrie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New

I need some help and some information does Dodge sell 2004 seats? My Truck was stolen I got the Truck back less the interior seats. The dealership says they caint get 2004 seats only in parts? So they have put in Rusted Salvaged seats on a 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi. It was a dealer Demo tricked out with Katzkin leather they were beautiful!! The truck is at another dealership due to the orginal dealer was to far. Insurance is cart -blanc The salvaged seats , the dealer put in Katzkins but they have the wrong logo mine said Hemi. but there not the 6 way power and they are awfull!! and rusted!! Any advice or thoughts I would appercaite as this is my first Dodge! Ever!!

Old 12-17-2004, 09:28 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Default RE: New

Personally, on a truck that new, I'd fight with the insurance company and refuse to accept the crappy repair job. No reason to settle for anything less than original.... that's what you pay those ridiculous premiums for! Tell 'em to do it right![:@]

Old 12-17-2004, 07:00 PM
casper
Legend

I would go off on the insurance company. They should give you back what you had.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Ramtuff
Veteran

I agree with the others. One of the reasons you pay for insurance is to have your vehicle repaired correctly when it's stolen or in an accident. They need to foot the bill for new seats, not you.

Old 12-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Scherrie

I apperciate the responses!! Let me clarify this its the Dealer not the Insurance Comp. They have been excellent! to work with. The Dealer is the one who is insisting on putting in these seats.

Old 12-18-2004, 03:27 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

In that case, it sounds like your fight should be with the dealer. Either way, on an essentially new truck, to have it fixed in a half-a$$ed manner is completely unacceptable, and you shouldn't settle for less than original. I find it hard to believe that those would be the only seats they could come up with anyplace. Sounds like it's time to find a new dealer and take your business elsewhere.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:59 PM
rakram
Rookie

I am confused or the whole story is not being told. Based on what you have posted, I believe the dealer does not get a vote in this matter; and has no say whether you have insurance or not. You may have to pay some deductible if insured, but the dealer will get paid whether from you or the insurance company. If you want the exact replacement, demand it; first from the insurance company, and secondly, from some other dealership. Tell the current dealer you will return his cheap replacements once you get what you desire or simply remove his poor replacements in the parking lot and go somewhere else.

If you are not certain of your rights, each state has a insurance regulatory commission and also a consumer protection agency. Get the facts, get it in writing and do not sign off on anything until you are completely satisfied. While you are checking with the consumer protection office, ask to see the complaint file against this dealership. I'm guessing it's an active folder on an adjudicator's desk!

Old 12-19-2004, 11:13 PM
moparmania
Veteran

Sounds as if you are getting railroaded into something you dont want. I be very ferm and return the truck for the removal of the crap seats/ or take it to the origianl dealer(no matter the distance) since they are familiar with your rig, but contact the insurance company and tell them of the shotty work and what you are doing about it so they can cancel the check or what not. after all the cash you have paid dont put up with any nonsense. just my 2cents. Dennis