General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 HEMI Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 12:22 PM
uhoh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2003 HEMI Transmission Problem

For those of you experiencing trans problems such as stalling and low rpm there is a STB that the dealer will perform on the truck. They will update the PCM and TCM programs.

What's with the ford bashing bs? All manufactures have issues with their vehicles. We purchase vehicles for our fleet and have special pricing with each manufacture. So far our fleet has had the best overall results with Ford. Say what you want but I still don't see the purpose of bashing any brand on this thread.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:25 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

That's why I always buy the simplest, most basic vehicle that meets my needs. More "goodies" means more problems....[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 03-26-2004, 06:49 PM
huskerinahemi

I have an 03 2500 4x4 with the Hemi. I picking it up this afternoon from the dealership. They had to replace the valve body in the trans. It would occasionally not shift out of high gear. The part that makes me nervous is that they had one in town. I am driving my buddies Chevy 2500HD with the 6.0. GIMME BACK MY HEMI.[&o]

Quick Reply: 2003 HEMI Transmission Problem