General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Title Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 04:05 AM
elfrost
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Title Problem?

Hey guys i recently bought a car and droped a couple grand on it to get it ready to finally take it for a spin and i coudnt get a title for it because after the guy i bought it from tried to get a title for it the title got lost due to the fact that he doesnt have a social socurity number. So i know i got this awsome car and i cant get the title for it what do you guys think i shoud do or can do to get a title for this danm car? Thanks in advanced all info welcomed.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:46 AM
thump186
Record Breaker
Default RE: Title Problem?

Have you tries callig the dmv and tell the what the problem is and ask what a solution can be?

Old 09-23-2005, 03:52 PM
PARoadRunner
Professional

i REALLY hope its not a stolen car. Signs it is...

The car is way too nice for the price.
The guy cant prove his identity and cant provide a title or ownership records of any type.
A Vehicle history report indicating it was owned in a different state recently before you bought it.

There are probably a million other ways to tell, these just came to mind.

Youre car is probably fine, you just need to ask the owner to request a title from the state and it should take 2 weeks at most. After that, you can do the transfer

Old 09-23-2005, 09:50 PM
elfrost

I tried to ask the BMV ladies but they told me to go **** myself. This is due to the fact that im mexican. Even though im a US citizen born in Cali to them im just another wetback. But what i did was ask my P.O. officer and he told me to get a Power of Attorney letter notoriced by a Public Notory. So i know a couple of croocked ones and called one and he signed and stamped it eventhough the original owner wasnt present and my cousin signed his name in the power of attorney thing. So tomorrow I will go to the BMV to order a duplicate of the title sent to my address and ill figure out how to get it signed. And i know this car isnt stolen because i know the owner and i didnt pay **** for the car. He owed my 500 bucks and i told him he coud pay it of if he gave me the car he agreed an now im going to order my title. Thanks everyone for your advice i apreciated vary much thanks.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:25 PM
PARoadRunner
Professional

so you know the guy that gave it to you didnt steal it because he just gave it to you, with no papers no anything...for $500 bucks. What kind of car are you talking about? Now if you know the owner, maybe hes honest. whatever. Sounds like you'll eventually get the papers you need. Id advise you dont drive the car till you get the right papers/insurance for it...good luck

Old 09-23-2005, 11:42 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

so basically your forging a title?

Old 09-24-2005, 12:14 AM
PARoadRunner
Professional

I think hes getting a legal title, just doing it illegally.

Old 09-24-2005, 04:34 AM
elfrost

yes ramfan PARoadRunner is right its a good title just cutting corner on getting it the right way. This is the story on the car. Im a citizen right and i know english so i had this friend that asked me to go with him to a dealer to buy a car, so we went and he saw a beutiful 97 Eclipse GS. it only had about 28k miles. That was about 3 years ago, since then he turbod it and replaced all the internals sound system suspension and everything one coud wish for. he kept it for about 4 years and then sold it to the current owner that passed it over to me. by this time though a couple of valves were destroyed the comprasion ratio wasnt the best but the body was the interior was and the suspension is still awsome. So i dumped some money into it and got a fresh engine in it by Monday it will be ready to roll. Thanks for the info guys i do apreciated very much.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:25 PM
PARoadRunner
Professional

good luck with that frost. seems like it should work out

Quick Reply: Title Problem?