Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

2005 WK A/T?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 07:35 PM
flm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 WK A/T?

Hi,

Cosidering the new WK Ltd. Can anyone who has driven the 5-speed auto tell me if it shifts smooth and if resting hand on ****, is it easy to acidentally bump it into manual -/+ mode?

Also, is it true after being in manual mode you have to shift back into N before auto again? (Read this in another forum)

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2004, 03:45 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Default RE: 2005 WK A/T?

my 5 speed auto seems to shift very smotthly. i havent accidently knocked into autostick yet. i have used it though. that was a rumor u heard. u can controll the first 4 gears of the 5 via autostick. when u sift it into the 5th spot it puts it back to regular automatic. mine isnt a limited but it is still a 05 grand cherokee

Old 10-08-2004, 03:22 PM
flm

ORIGINAL: nickoman01my 5 speed auto seems to shift very smotthly. i havent accidently knocked into autostick yet. i have used it though. that was a rumor u heard. u can controll the first 4 gears of the 5 via autostick. when u sift it into the 5th spot it puts it back to regular automatic. mine isnt a limited but it is still a 05 grand cherokee
undefined
Hi,
Congratulation on your new Jeep!

Thanks for the reply! That's what I would have thought because shifting it back into N after autostick would be a hassle.

BTW since you seem to be high up in the Chrysler food chain, do you know if you can custom order a 5.7 Ltd? For example, specify to have body colour front grill like Laredo, lower window outside trim black instead of chrome like Laredo and maybe no chrome strip across rear bumper.

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2005, 03:32 AM
shiftyeyes

with the new Jeep GC is the AutoStick like a sequenial gearbox (cluchless manual) wen u stick it into manual +/-, can't wait till it hits down under

Old 04-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Overland1
Amateur

Go for it! The transmission in the WK is very smooth and solid. The "autostick" is something that requires a few minutes to get used to, but is great nonetheless.

I have almost 5700 miles on my WK and am loving it all the way.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:07 AM
shiftyeyes

but is it a clutchless manual like the "autostick" in the 300C, u can rev the engine up to 6000rpm and then change gears into 4th

Old 05-30-2005, 08:45 PM
JeepInfoCenter

ORIGINAL: shiftyeyes
but is it a clutchless manual like the "autostick" in the 300C, u can rev the engine up to 6000rpm and then change gears into 4th
Hello there shiftyeyes! My name is Miguel and I am a Marketing Representative with the Jeep Information Center. I read your posting and thought I could add some insight. Would it be okay with you if I joined the conversation?

Miguel M.
Jeep Information Center
1-800-925-JEEP(5337)
jeepforum@bbdodetroit.com
www.jeep.com

Old 06-02-2005, 11:36 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: JeepInfoCenter

ORIGINAL: shiftyeyes
Hello there shiftyeyes! My name is Miguel and I am a Marketing Representative with the Jeep Information Center. I read your posting and thought I could add some insight. Would it be okay with you if I joined the conversation?

Miguel M.
Jeep Information Center
1-800-925-JEEP(5337)
www.jeep.com

feel free to join in. this is an open forum, you are more then welcome to add something whenever you think of it.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:21 AM
shiftyeyes

yes as nikoman01 said " feel free to join in. this is an open forum, you are more then welcome to add something whenever you think of it.", could u help me understand, as i know that the chrysler AutoStick in the 300C is like a sequential gearstick and u can change gears wen u want is this the same with the one in the Jeep thanx 4 ur help

Old 06-07-2005, 08:32 PM
JeepInfoCenter

ORIGINAL:
nickoman01

feel free to join in. this is an open forum, you are more then welcome to add something whenever you think of it.
shiftyeyes
yes as nikoman01 said " feel free to join in. this is an open forum, you are more then welcome to add something whenever you think of it.", could u help me understand, as i know that the chrysler AutoStick in the 300C is like a sequential gearstick and u can change gears wen u want is this the same with the one in the Jeep thanx 4 ur help
Thanks nikoman and shiftyeyes!
We appreciate the feedback regarding the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Autostick feature in the '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee uses the same essential components as the Autostick in the '05 Chrysler 300 C. However, there may be some differences in the gear ratios between the two transmissions. Also, the rev limits may vary to accommodate the 4 wheel drive system in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. With that being said, you are likely to experience similar smoothness while changing gears with both Autosticks, however, the overall ride for each vehicle may be different because of their respective capabilities (towing, 4x4 systems etc.). If you happen to have any more questions regarding the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, post away. I'll be around.

Miguel M.
Jeep Information Center
1-800-925-JEEP(5337)
www.jeep.com

Quick Reply: 2005 WK A/T?