Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

Kickin some cherokee butt

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 01:04 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Kickin some cherokee butt

So I got into a race with one of these Cherokee things with my Durango. I started off the line just usual and my lane ends in about 100 yards so I got to get over, and this guy stomps on it and wants to cut me off right! So I hear his motor and look in my mirror and he is racing me coming on me fast. So I just have to reach down and press my tow to lock up my trans converter and stomp on the gas. I caught up to him before he meet my front fender and slowly pushed ahead of him. Our trans shifted at the same time and RPM and I shot ½ a car length in front just in a shift.[sm=itsok.gif] Anyway just got to rub it in.

Point of the story: Don't mess with the best!

Old 11-07-2005, 05:48 PM
pirranah
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kickin some cherokee butt

judging by your sig you must feel real good to beat a stock "cherokee thing". i have killed many v8 short bed trucks and many sport cars with my grand cherokee and i didn't have to "lock my trans converter" to do it, oh wait mines AWD my bad. i just haven't met a durango wanting to race, but i'm sure it would be the same... they would lose

Old 11-08-2005, 01:04 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: pirranah

judging by your sig you must feel real good to beat a stock "cherokee thing". i have killed many v8 short bed trucks and many sport cars with my grand cherokee and i didn't have to "lock my trans converter" to do it, oh wait mines AWD my bad. i just haven't met a durango wanting to race, but i'm sure it would be the same... they would lose
I didn't need to lock up if I was coming off the line wanting to race. He was racing me and had a head start with speed. That’s all I was saying. As for stock HECK I don't know what he's got in it so how can you take his side. Just because you think your Cherokee's bad (that is for stock) and your too cheap and broke to put in upgrades and you tell me that you blown away v8 short bed trucks that are 1500 lbs. heaver than you and little Honda Civics with a 4 bangers, you sure talk like you know what your talkin about. Sounds Like you need to get back into your (Student Driver) position. But as for your poor AWD I'll make sure I'm locked in 4WD just to make you feel good![sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 11-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Digitoxin
Professional

umm... LOL !!

Old 11-08-2005, 06:49 PM
pirranah
Veteran

ORIGINAL: hydrashocker

I didn't need to lock up if I was coming off the line wanting to race. He was racing me and had a head start with speed. That’s all I was saying. As for stock HECK I don't know what he's got in it so how can you take his side. Just because you think your Cherokee's bad (that is for stock) and your too cheap and broke to put in upgrades and you tell me that you blown away v8 short bed trucks that are 1500 lbs. heaver than you and little Honda Civics with a 4 bangers, you sure talk like you know what your talkin about. Sounds Like you need to get back into your (Student Driver) position. But as for your poor AWD I'll make sure I'm locked in 4WD just to make you feel good![sm=boohoo.gif]
ouch, saying i'm poor now. sorry i have better things to spend my money on. why don't you upgrade to a better bike with all that money you have, or are you trying to make a racing truck out of your durango so you can get on here and brag about beating jeeps. i guess next time you'll be telling us about beating a honda 250 rebel on your katana.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:04 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

You are talking about putting you 4.7L against my 5.9L. Boy do you need a course in cubic inch and power ratios. As for my money my truck is paid off and all upgrades were paid in cash. As for my bike at least I have one, and it is what I like, (not what you want). I could have bought any sport bike I wanted the Katana is what I liked. Besides that my bike is paid off and upgraded in cash as well.

My truck is built to my specs. This is what I like and what you always wanted. Now usually if you post something like this in another part of the forum people want to know what you got and what kind off upgrades they can do especially when the motors are built buy the same company. I like that sometimes people like you get on and think you can keep up, don't you know I'm just doing this to get a rise out of you and I got what I wanted. You just stepped right in![sm=bangbang.gif]

Anyway why you got to bring in trashing my bike into a truck forum? Did you run out of things to say?[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 11-09-2005, 03:30 PM
pirranah
Veteran

you're too thick headed to see my point. anyone with that much done to their truck could beat a stock truck. it doesn't take a mechanic to see that oh by the way

Old 11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

you're too thick headed to see my point. anyone with that much done to their truck could beat a stock truck. it doesn't take a mechanic to see that oh by the way

The thing is you don't have a point???? Your just coming on here trying to say that you got some bad a@@ 4.7L and you can take me anytime you want. My point is that can never happen and you know it! As for a (mechanic) don't try and answer a mechanical question or statement when you have no idea what your talking about and no back up behind you. I'm given you a hard time about your truck. I'm not having to make stuff up or bring in low blows, what I said is the truth and you know it. You just plain and simple don't know what your talking about.

As for the picture, it's pretty sad that you have to make fun of a retard. Go home![sm=GrowUp.gif]

Old 11-09-2005, 06:10 PM
pirranah
Veteran

when did i say i had a bad *** jeep? when did i make something up? i said you COULD beat a stock jeep with your mods, didn't i. i never said i could take you on, my jeeps stock, what would be the point to race you? anything with a port and polish has more power than a stock, am i right[sm=signs007.gif]? i know quads and on a quad when you port and polish the head thats at least 15 more horses, at LEAST, 15 gain on a quad is alot, so i can imagine what it does to a truck. so when have i lied? i think i know what i'm talking about enough to keep up with you.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:49 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

When did I say I had a bad jeap:

i have killed many v8 short bed trucks and many sport cars with my grand cherokee and i didn't have to "lock my trans converter" to do it, oh wait mines AWD my bad. i just haven't met a durango wanting to race, but i'm sure it would be the same... they would lose

When did I make something up:

You are talking about putting your 4.7L against my 5.9L and winning. Even stock the 5.9 would win. Upgrades make winning that much more fun when you see the other guys face.

It sounds like you work on bikes eh??? You named my bike just from looking at it so good job.

The only thing I had to say when I started this tread was the guy driving the cherokee was being an a@@ and tring to cut me off. The thing is which made it fun was he had nothing close to mine and no chance in he!!. I was just having fun with it. The thing is the cherokee and durango have a lot of the same parts. But the funnest thing about it was the drivers face.[&o]

Quick Reply: Kickin some cherokee butt