Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

Jeep Commander Hemi headers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Tactical Lever
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jeep Commander Hemi headers?

Hi; I have a 2006 Commander Limited with the 5.7. It got a manifold leak a while ago. I've been told that the manifolds warp, sometimes crack, and the bolts break. Upgrading the bolts may cause more manifold cracking, I'm told.

I'd like to upgrade the bolts and upgrade the stock exhaust system with shorty headers. The problem is, I can't find any that are labeled as a direct fit, and supposedly, what fits a Hemi Cherokee might not fit a Commander. Or so I hear...

Suggestions? Thanks!

Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 AM
Tactical Lever
Rookie

Anybody?

Apparently not very common to mod the Commander!

Old 08-22-2018, 10:59 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Commander is not a very common vehicle..lol

Old 08-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Tactical Lever
Rookie

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Commander is not a very common vehicle..lol
I guess not, but then I wouldn't exactly call it rare, though either.

​​​​​Maybe one day if we sell... That's when that "rare" word really gets thrown around! Lol!

Old 08-22-2018, 09:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Well, there is these guys..... Full exhaust, but, 2 grand???? Wow. Maybe call them, and see if you can get JUST the headers.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:49 PM
Tactical Lever
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well, there is these guys..... Full exhaust, but, 2 grand???? Wow. Maybe call them, and see if you can get JUST the headers.
Yeah, that's a bit pricey. Interesting looking headers. Look like they dump straight out the sides. Doesn't look very clearance friendly. Thanks!

I did not think that finding headers would be so challenging. Kinda thought that I would find a couple pages of block huggers and just be able to point to a set that would suit the mission best....

Old 08-23-2018, 06:02 PM
Tactical Lever
Rookie

Any recommendations either way on going to stronger bolts, new manifolds even if the old ones look fine, different gaskets?

Looking more and more like it will end up being stock manifolds.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Well that kinda sucks......

Find the part number for the stock manifolds, and then google that number, see what else they fit. You might get lucky, and find some other application that uses the same manifold, that someone actually offers aftermarket headers for. Other option would be by some for maybe a charger, and then have your y-pipe modified to fit them. (or, a custom y-pipe made up.) If there is an independent exhaust shop nearby, that has a pipe bender, it would be worth talking to them.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:24 PM
Tactical Lever
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well that kinda sucks......

Find the part number for the stock manifolds, and then google that number, see what else they fit. You might get lucky, and find some other application that uses the same manifold, that someone actually offers aftermarket headers for. Other option would be by some for maybe a charger, and then have your y-pipe modified to fit them. (or, a custom y-pipe made up.) If there is an independent exhaust shop nearby, that has a pipe bender, it would be worth talking to them.
Sounds like pretty limited room under there, and not even the truck manifolds sound like they'll fit. But the Magnaflow cat-back system was an easy sell to the wife!

Ordered the OME deluxe lift for it, as it has everything for a complete system. On sale, and on it's way!

Old 03-15-2019, 01:45 PM
PR1AWRet
Veteran
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The Commander part numbers for the exhaust manifolds are the same for a 06-08 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 53013605AB and 53013606AB

Quick Reply: Jeep Commander Hemi headers?