Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

2010 Liberty Sport security system.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 09:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,380 Likes on 3,120 Posts
Default 2010 Liberty Sport security system.

I went lookin' for a dedicated Liberty forum, but, they all appeared to be pretty much Ghost Towns.... So, figgered I would just give it a shot here, and see what turns up.

Anyway. 2010 Jeep Liberty. When parked, the horn will chirp every now and again, and I am unable to determine how to convince it to STOP DOING THAT. Doesn't matter if the windows are up or down, doors locked or not..... (though, the doors will lock themselves after a few minutes being parked....) It's really annoying. My dogs hear the 'beep', and go nuts, because they think someone is here..... and when it does that every five minutes or so... yeah.... That needs to stop. I don't have an owners manual for the jeep, and the PDF versions just don't talk about the security system much. This one doesn't have ANY steering wheel controls, so, no cruise (ooops.) and no EVIC. I just want to disable the security system completely, so it will shut up. Not like I need it out where I live.... More often than not, I leave the keys in my truck. So far, I have not found a way to defeat it..... Any help?

Quick Reply: 2010 Liberty Sport security system.