Members Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting.

Dodge engines in non-Dodge vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 11:19 AM
Karszone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dodge engines in non-Dodge vehicles

I am a Dodge guy at heart and have owned numerous products from a Ram SRT-10 to a Neon SRT-4. My current project is a 1955 Buick with a 5.7 Hemi out of a 1500 truck. This video walks through the progress of the the Buick.

My other project that has a Dodge swap into it is a little less conventional and is a 1929 ****** Whippet with the drivetrain from a Neon SRT-4 mounted in the trunk. Here is the video for that project so far as well.

Joined here because I am very close to starting the Buick with the Hemi up and am anticipating needing to ask for some help to get everything functioning correctly!

Old 01-23-2021, 06:27 PM
Ray Bell
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

******, of course, were ultimately absorbed by the Chrysler Corporation...

But it certainly seems you are having fun.

Old 01-24-2021, 06:33 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 349 Likes on 329 Posts

I am a Dodge guy at heart
Then why are you building non dodge vehicles? Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth are all i own with an exception to a V12 CL600 Mercedes.

Old 01-25-2021, 09:11 AM
Karszone

Originally Posted by Moparite
Then why are you building non dodge vehicles? Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth are all i own with an exception to a V12 CL600 Mercedes.
I build with what I have at hand. Both the Buick and the ****** were sitting on my family farm, I don't have much money.

The following users liked this post:
Brown Bag (02-06-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 04:36 PM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Hey I like them.
This is what hotrodding is all about.
Takes some thought, talent, and skills to actually build something and not just bolt it together.
My hat is off to you!

Old 02-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Karszone

I did a few more little jobs while waiting for some parts. Worked on beautifying the parts you will pretty much never see because that seemed like a good use of time! It was a lot of work so I drafted in a helper. Let me know if you liked the paint schemes!

Old 02-05-2021, 03:08 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 575 Likes on 521 Posts

You work with what you have. I don't know how many people would look at my '54 Dodge Cornet and ask me why I put a Dodge Rad Ram in a Chevy. They all looked pretty much the same until '55 when GM and Chrysler went their separate ways.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:17 AM
Karszone

Somehow in the past 50+ years the fuel filler assembly from the car vanished. I have tried searching for a stock replacement with no luck. I decided to make my own using a generic fuel filler assembly from Amazon, some mandrel bend 2" pipe, and a whole lot of cutting and welding. I am happy with the result other than I need to replace the silicone orange coupler from the tank to the first hard line since silicone isn't fuel rated. I have a rubber piece on the way and will install it before I fill it up for the first time.

Here is the video!

Old 02-19-2021, 05:07 PM
Ray Bell
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nicely done...

I would have spent a lot of time in wrecking yards looking for the filler neck and pieces out of something which might fit. Also, I'm guessing there are tubes from the top of the tank to somewhere to allow it to breathe, otherwise you wouldn't be able to actually fill the tank.

On modern cars these are vented to the top of the filler neck tube, just below the cap seal.

Old 02-20-2021, 10:51 AM
Karszone

Originally Posted by Ray Bell
Nicely done...

I would have spent a lot of time in wrecking yards looking for the filler neck and pieces out of something which might fit. Also, I'm guessing there are tubes from the top of the tank to somewhere to allow it to breathe, otherwise you wouldn't be able to actually fill the tank.

On modern cars these are vented to the top of the filler neck tube, just below the cap seal.
Good comment. I will try the filling the tank and running the car with the current setup but I will most likely need to make a vent of some kind.

Quick Reply: Dodge engines in non-Dodge vehicles