Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

DF Meet and greet thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:24 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF Meet and greet thread!

It seems that we should host some kind of evet for those of us in the Great Lakes area.

If it is a small meet, I suggest something like Mongolian, Hooters, or Bdubs. For a bigger meet 15+ people something like a BBQ at Stoney Creek.

A few more considerations... maybe extent the invitation out to other mopar sites... detroitneonowners.org has a lot of cool guys and so does dakota-durango.com. If we did do that it would be best for a BBQ.

How many people would be interested in such an event... sometime in the summer months?

Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 PM
1994shadowman
Captain
Default RE: DF Meet and greet thread!

That would be pretty cool, and yeah in the sumer would be the best time.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Lucky MI people have car fans everywhere. Maybe I could talk Chase or Ramfan into a road trip?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would be all for this...amanda and i have thought about it before...its just a matter of getting people to show up. i would also like to get people who are going to the nationals to meet up...

i used to be a member on that detroit neons site...but i dont recall my username.

something else to think about, we could meet at the WPC museum...then cruise somewhere else?

the following weekends are bad for us, as there are mopar events...

June 22-24
July 21-22
August 10-12
September 14-16

The middle of may is also bad, for obvious reasons..

but i think that it would be great to set something up...with enough planning, we could make plans to do something with one of the restaurants?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be in, as I said before, I like the Hooters idea! Makes for good pictures to post and make everyone else wish they were there.

As for bad weekends, the only one I knowof is the first weekend of Aug. I go to Louisville to the Street Rod Nationals. Generally Saturdays are also much better as local car shows are usually on Sundays.

Not sure where the museum is but that could be a good starting point. I only been to the Ford museum Oh and the Vette factory in BG Kentucky. Hmmm, maybe the Viper assembly plant? I would like to tour that.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i dont know where exactly the viper plant is in relation to the D...the museum is in auburn hills...which is about 10 minutes from us, and we are about 20 minutes north of detroit...

i think that hooters franchises make themselves available for events...and a kid i coach works at one somewhere in the northern detroit area...hes a busboy, but its still an "in"... it really would be better for us if it was after may..

Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 AM
DCXgageman
Veteran

i used to be a member on that detroit neons site
Me too, but I haven't been on there in years.
i dont know where exactly the viper plant is
The viper assy plant is 1/2 mile south of 8 mile (Outer Drive), and a abouthalf mile east of van dyke. It is on Conner St.,Saint Johns NE Hospital is on the west side and Conner assy on the east side. I drive by it every morning. There's a Hooters bet. 17 and 18 mile on Van Dyke, 15 minutes from Conner Assy.
The museum is about 35 minutes from the Viper plant. Also, I don't know if they'd do a tour on a Sat. as I don't think they work weekends. Also, when I was at Mound engine, we assembled the Viper motor and had occasional Viper club tours, I don't think they were on weekends as that line didn't run weekends either.Would have to find out. I'll start looking for some fone numbers

Old 02-28-2007, 12:21 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Would the meeting be one day or a few days? I'm up for late july to mid august.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:46 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i dont know where mound engine is either...i drive on mound regularly, between 17 and 11. any info that you could get would be great. the only thing that i dont like about the hooters on van dyke is the fact that the section of the road there is SO awful.

I do know that the museum is open pretty much every day...so we can use that as a last resort, if we cant get into a plant.

matt, if we put something together in the metro detroit area, it would probably only be one day, but there is always stuff to do, espcially for out of town visitors.

hell, the ford museum is intersting, and it isnt just ford stuff...when i was there with amanda and my parents, they had mopar stuff in there too...and its not just cars.

i would like to do it later in the year, only because the later we do it, the better the chance of us having the demon...[8D]

if we waited until mid august, we could make somewhat of a two day thing, with one day being the meet and greet, and the second day being for something like the dream cruise.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:43 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran

Mound engine is no more, it was leveled at the end of 2002 (I think) I went to the 3.7L plant before it closed completely. The 3.7L and 4.7L plants replaced it. It was on the east side of mound south of 8 mile, just south of the Warren truck plant. It is now an overflow parking lot for excess vehicles. We all know that story now.

I know what you're saying about Van Dyke, there are chunks of concrete missing is some north bound lanes, real bad. It was just a thought. Maybe Rogers Roost on Schoenerr? Just thoughts.

Or... Dave and Busters or Big Buck Brewery??

Quick Reply: DF Meet and greet thread!