Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Traction Control??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007 | 08:04 AM
redevil
|
All Star
Default Traction Control??

so what's the deal with this?I did some research andwatched a few clips of srts with TC on and off and let me tell you...very impressive, but is it worth it? does it really work?
http://www.newdesignelectronics.com/srt4tcs_media.htmlcheck these clips out...

Old 07-03-2007 | 11:37 AM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker
Default RE: Traction Control??

this is just a stutter box right?

Old 07-03-2007 | 01:46 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

no it's not a stutter box. read up on it. there have been some very good reports so far on it.

Old 07-03-2007 | 02:04 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

I think what concerns me is:

Q: How does it work?
A: As many of you know tirespin robs your car of the ability to accelerate. This is that feeling you get when you hit the gas, and you hear a lot noise from the tires, however the vehicle doesn't really feel like it is actually accelerating and pushing you back in the seat. Without going into the specific details here is the gist of it: The TCS constantly is monitoring the state of the vehicles tires. When no tirespin is detected, which is the vast majority of the time, the traction control allows you to have all of your power. Under normal driving conditions you can not even tell the TCS is there, it feels exactly like stock. However when it detects tirespin the TCS will reduce the engine power output, depending upon the severity of the tirespin. This reduction in engine power allows the tires to slow down and better grip the road. When the tires are not excessively spinning the vehicle will actually accelerate faster with less power than it did when you had more power and were overwhelming the tires. This comes from the fact that in Physics the coefficient of static friction (tires not spinning) is higher than that of kinetic (tires excessively spinning) friction. The more friction, the more acceleration is available simple as that."
It doesn't tell me much honestly... I'm not saying it's bad, or doesn't work... quite the contrary... I am very curious about this product!!! It just doesn't tell me what's actually going on...

Old 07-03-2007 | 02:39 PM
redevil
|
All Star

so does that mean no more burnouts?hopefully there's an on and off switch or something

Old 07-03-2007 | 03:23 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

http://www.newdesignelectronics.com/srt4tcs_faq.html

lap top use? extra box... if this thing works it could be really sweet!

Old 07-04-2007 | 01:05 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

from what i understand about it (haven't seen it in person so it's just hear say at this point) is that the box uses the wheel speed sensors to detect loss of traction. it then retards ignition to allow the car to slow to let the tires grip. i have no idea how this will act while doing a burn out. if it utilizes a full throttle switch then i don't see a problem, but if it's working based solely on wheel speed sensors then there might be a problem.

overall it seems like a more beneficial system for autox and road racing than at the track honestly. it has been shown to help with short times, but the reviews that i've seen the people that are using it are getting the same short times as people who aren't using it but are better at launching, so i dunno. it's been labled "the driver mod in a box" lol

Old 07-04-2007 | 06:42 AM
redevil
|
All Star

well for that price I'll stick to slicks and practicing my launches

Old 07-04-2007 | 12:58 PM
Aceburner
Veteran

Well I have seen this thing in person and I have to say, it's a very good product, especially for us over here who don't drive to well. Like PSI said, in a nutshell it senses traction loss and pulls back the ignition spark or whatever it does to the point where you get maximum traction. Here is a video of the TCS in action... you probably seen this one http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...8&page=124 .They took this video after installing it. It scared the **** out of us when Scott first hit the gas and let off. You'll see why when you watch. Post #1856

Quick Reply: Traction Control??