Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

I think I am being played.... help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007 | 12:56 PM
Aceburner
Veteran
Default RE: I think I am being played.... help please!!!

Right, I have a DTEC and I tune with it. Dont need a EMS and I like the $300 or so dollars vs the $2000 for a ems.

Oh and to add to PSI's post you'll need a clutch too. My thing is unless your going to go to a place and have them drop everything in for u, you should workup to the 50 trimstarting with fuel and the add on's u need. I've seen people try to run 50 trims with nothing and can only push like 12 psi.

Old 08-05-2007 | 03:46 AM
STILL GH3TtO
|
Veteran

so what should i do?? this guy at the shop is really tryin to push to the aem but will the dtech work well enough to run 400 whp ish??

Old 08-05-2007 | 03:57 AM
STILL GH3TtO
|
Veteran

psi chick..... what do you have on your car.... your numbers are impressive

Old 08-05-2007 | 06:14 AM
redevil
All Star

shes's got a dtec.With it you can reach 400+ easily, I got an e-manage and thats also a good device too, they both go for about the same price

Old 08-05-2007 | 02:16 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

yes i currently have a dtec, hopefully my ems will be in soon though

basically it comes down to what you want to do and how much you want to spend. is a ems a better choice? of course it is. you have the ability to tune EVERYTHING and customize your set up to your car. is it required? not even close. the vast majority of people are not running a ems on a basic 50 trim, there's absoilutely no need at all. in fact, it's overkill for most people.

while the ems is great because you can completly tune everything, there also lies the problem with an ems for most people. you have to tune everything. and i mean everything. spark advance, fuel, timing, idle, rev limit, injector fire settings, knock thresholds and a lot more. it's about 2395439756 times more complicated than tuning a dtec. it also takes a long time (and money) to get a ems tuned in properly on a specific set up. if you don't have to, or don't really want to, don't go that route.

with basic bolt-ons there is absolutely no need for it, and not to be rude, but it doesn't seem like you have extensive knowledge of tuning, so a ems is not something you should be messing with as it is extremly easy to screw something up. a dtec is a much safer and cheaper option for basic tuning and all that most people really need.

Old 08-05-2007 | 04:04 PM
STILL GH3TtO
|
Veteran

i dont know the first thing about tuning... i am tryin to teach myself about cars in general... this is my first turbo car so i am researchin options.... I am going to take my car to a shop for the tuning, but because i do not know too much about mopar (i know alot about honda's) or turbo cars in general i think the shop might be tryin to get too much out of me. The shop is telling me that theAEM will make my motor last longer than if i went dtech...?? Thanks for the help i appreciate all input

Old 08-06-2007 | 01:07 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

that is completly untrue. the dtec will actually probably keep your motor in one piece longer than a ems will. there's less variables and tuning with just a dtec, and as such less stress on the motor as it's running within mopar designated specs. once you throw a ems on everything mopar did is out the window and it's all up to you.

want some good advice? stop talking to that shop. where are you located?

Old 08-06-2007 | 01:09 PM
STILL GH3TtO
|
Veteran

Arizona... I only know of two shops out here Vivid racing and UMS tuning

Old 08-07-2007 | 09:58 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

why don't you just go directly to agp? they're in arizona. andlemmie guess, vivid is who's telling you to get a ems

Old 08-07-2007 | 05:03 PM
STILL GH3TtO
|
Veteran

i tried calling them a few times and i always get a voice mail.