Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008 | 12:16 AM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran
Default RE: battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls

i could be wrong but the car would eventually lose power if the alt is fried.... it can only run so long on only battery

Old 01-07-2008 | 12:22 PM
srt4ever
Veteran

I have seen this happen to 2 other cars before, on a nissan the other a chrysler, on each of them, the computer was "fryed" in places and needed either a new computer or other type thing, to make all the lights turn off. Car's each ran OK only and needed new fuses and wires. In each case the person was a trained ape!

Old 01-07-2008 | 03:36 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

coulda done some damage to the electronics, so i would still get it checked out by a dealer. and as far as the alternater being fried, if it was, as stated, you would lose power. the car might run for a while without it, runningoff just the battery. but eventually it would die out.

Old 01-07-2008 | 06:28 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

UPDATE: the car had to get towed this morning to dodge, alternator is fried...if my computer was fried id be pissed i have a S3 in there but thats ok. 600 bucks after labor to fix this problem. downside....today napa says they are not paying the bill and that they have a policy that they are not liable for any mech damages...needless to say i was never told of this nor signed a waiver form...so i call the corprate HQ. they said theres nothing they can do about it..it is a private owned place however the HQ said they feel that napa store should pay my bill and to talk ot the store owner. so i will call the owner toomoorrow, now if the owner doesnt pay my bill i am to call the HQ back and tell them and they will see if there is anything they can do at that time to help me..im so ripped...im getting so screwed

Old 01-07-2008 | 07:03 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

That sucks, well if you have to there is small claims, take the owner to it. SO with the new alt the light is out and the car runs fine? Hopefully the owner pays for it, he should, there was no mech damages, their knuckle dragger put the battery in wrong, how is a battery a mech?? the owners full of it

Old 01-07-2008 | 08:07 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

true true dodge still has my car cus i cant pay for it they fully inspected all the harness everything electrical everything else is fine, but im calling the owner tomorrow to talk to him and see whats up so who knows...court will be my last resort gotta do what i gotta do...

Old 01-08-2008 | 12:16 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

damn man, you aint got enough money to pay up front now? you might be screwed for a while, not being able to pay until napa forks out cash... which could take a while. then again i guess napa cant foot a bill if there isnt one. sucks man. talk to the owner, if that dosent work, talk to a lawyer.go for cost of repair plus legal expenses, maybe even a rental carand see where that goes

Old 01-08-2008 | 12:19 PM
srt4ever
Veteran

This is sounding like a long battle ahead...

Old 01-08-2008 | 12:55 PM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

dont take "no" for an answer... good luck

Old 01-08-2008 | 05:57 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

agreed don't take no for a answer, you shouldnt have to pay for this. Hopefully you dont have to get a lawyer, but like flamingpinhead said get all the cost legal and repairs plus inspection

Quick Reply: battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls