Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008 | 05:28 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional
Default battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls

so i took my car to napa bought a new battery, the guy put the battery in and hooked up my terminals wrong! yes i could not believe it, anyways, every fuse in my car blew, i heard something make a loud pop noise while i was inside the building paying for my battery, and now my battery light on my dash is lit up, checked the manual it says charging system is malfunctioning get dealer service immediatly! so now im driving and the dash is real dim the volt gauge on my in dash tv and my capacitor dont go up it fluctuates between 11.3-11.4 on a brand new battery thats not right..is my alt fried? volt reg messed up? idk why this light would be lit up on my dash im sure he messed something up connecting the terminals backwards, on top of that the leads on the battery melted and blew off like a exploding volcano and melted lava holes in my red solenoid and green solenoid lines my engine bay was like on fire...im very very pissed and need help please any ideas.

Old 01-05-2008 | 05:44 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran
Default RE: battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls

well you can always remove the alternator and take it to autozone or some other place and have them test it, is the sensor on the battery shield hooked up, my light came on because I didnt have that hooked up. I would make napa buy you all new stuff that is damaged due to them hooking it up wrong. Yea that volt reading is way off. You may just have to take it to a dealer and mkae napa pay for the bill

Old 01-05-2008 | 06:13 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

sounds like they f** something up. i had the same issue with the sensor on the battery shield.

how the hell do you hook up a battery backwards anyhow? moron[:@]

Old 01-05-2008 | 10:08 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

thats what i said i have no clue, as far as the battery sensor goes... if thats on the little rubber/plastic battery shield case thing i have not been using that for about a year now and the light has never come on before...i am now using a gel cell battery could that set a light off?? because its not a regular cell type battery?

Old 01-06-2008 | 12:37 AM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

No the dry cell wont make the light come on, I had an Odessy in my sxt and it never came on. so you never had the battery sensor connected or just plug into the sensor but left it hanging some where. I do agree that who ever put your battery in was a moron, its not that hard to connect(red goes to +, black goes to - lol). Some of those guys that work at those places have no clue how to install things

Old 01-06-2008 | 12:52 AM
Kapitald
Captain

yeah i think u really need to get them to pay for something there...small claims court if you have to...did they at least cover all the fuses they blew in your car??? thats bullcrap dude..

Old 01-06-2008 | 12:17 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

honestly i dont even remember my battery shield having a sensor on it when i bought the car so its very likely that its been previously removed i just dont know what to do or where to start looking and i have to work so much the next couple weeks that i cant bring it somewhere to get looked at yet...

Old 01-06-2008 | 03:57 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Well I would just take it toa dealership when you get a chance, then make napa pay for the bill, like was said before if needs be take them to small claims court. But atleast a dealer can find out why the light is on. Is everything else working fine?

Old 01-06-2008 | 07:31 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

the car starts and runs fine it seems so far its been a couple days now...i have no clue honestly what it could be tho

Old 01-06-2008 | 07:59 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

do you think my alt got fried?

Quick Reply: battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls