Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008 | 04:33 PM
drewthatsmenb
|
Professional
Default fuel question

hey guys whats up i'm posting b/c i just installed a agp 50 trim in my srt-4 i'm running rc 750cc fuel injectors and a s-afc neo for fuel. heres the question the car's idle is crazy when i drive itthe rpms stay at 2000rpm when i let off and it stays there for a while then it drops down to 1000 i'm new to the s-afc and i don't know how to work it i know the car is running to much fuel and thats what is causing this so how the hell do i fix it? the guy who worked on my car says theres no fixing it until i get a dtec or something but he doesn't own a srt-4 so i'm turning to you guys to see if there is a way.

Old 01-09-2008 | 09:40 AM
Burnnout
All Star
Default RE: fuel question

The SAFC is fine... a dtec is going to do the same thing.... you need to take your car to a performance shop to have tuned, your friend doens't know what he's talking about. How much boost are you trying to run ? ... Do you have a wideband? ....More than likely you are not running to much fuel.

Old 01-09-2008 | 12:14 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

tps sensor possibly

Old 01-09-2008 | 01:17 PM
Burnnout
All Star

My thoughts exactly

Old 01-10-2008 | 10:50 PM
drewthatsmenb
|
Professional

i'm trying to run 20 daily but the car is at 4 right now the mechanic told me to bring it up a pound per day but i'm only gunna do that when the clutch is broken in and yes i have a wideband

Old 01-10-2008 | 10:54 PM
drewthatsmenb
|
Professional

as for the tune i'm going to get it on a dyno as soon as the clutch is broken in but the guy who installed everything said that i would need a stand alone hes telling me that he could only do so much with the s-afc as far as fuel goes he told me to get a "d-tec"[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 01-10-2008 | 11:27 PM
drewthatsmenb
|
Professional

sorry i keep throwing things in but i got a walbro 255lph fuel pump the guy who installed everything told me i didn't really need it should i have got it installed i mean do i really need it now b/c i was going to put it in once i built the head.

Old 01-11-2008 | 06:54 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

youll need a better fuel pump than stockanyhow. you have went with a new turbo kit and some other goodies to match. why not upgrade your fuel pump? and if you eventually want to run 20psi daily, the stock fuel system simply wont keep up.

Old 01-12-2008 | 12:02 AM
drewthatsmenb
|
Professional

i been lied to my whole life. i guess i'll just install the fuel pump but would that help with my whole idling drama i mean i really don't know what to do here b/c the guy thats going to tune the car on the dyno is the same guy who is telling me that the 750cc injectors are to big for the s-afc to handle...and if the dtec is the samething as the s-afc then [sm=wtf.gif]

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:34 AM
Burnnout
All Star

The people you are dealing with don't know anything...... seriously.... go somewhere else. If you want to run 20lbs of boost you are going to need the fuel pump, injectors, and a fuel return line.... properly tuned with the SAFC.... you do not NEED a dtec.. damn sure don't need a stand alone. You're idling drama is either the TPS gone bad... or something one of the idiots did to your car trying to use the SAFC.

Quick Reply: fuel question