Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

a little scared right now need answers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008 | 02:39 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional
Default a little scared right now need answers!

so wednesday night after work i come home everythings fine, had yesterday off, get to work today and walking in i see my gas cap is hanging out of the closed door. now im a bit concerned, idk if someone just pulled it off on me overnight cus i had not gone out thurs, so i was hoping for that, now im conerned about if someone put sugar, or ANYTHING for that matter in my tank..i did not see residue of any substance around my little trap door and i stuck my finger in as far as i could and tried swabbing it that way to check for anything of a wierd smell or anything i could feel, couldnt feel or smell anything other then gas, so now im wondering if something was put in there via a long funnel and done right i wouldnt ever know until my engine seizes, how good is the fuel filters, i have no clue if i should drop my gas tank and replace my fuel filter to check and see if theres anything in there or not, i have not p*ssed anyone off, gas was not syphoned cus i still had same amount of gas, and i have not filled my tank in 2 weeks so it wasnt me by accident..should i worry or should i start ripping things apart to test. i have no proof of vandalism so what would u guys and gals suggest? what could be worst case senerio? i hear sugar in gas tank is a myth unless its like pounds of sugar. what about other substances bleach? house cleaners? think the car would stall out and not run because it clogs the filter or u think it would make it past and sieze the motor? maybe someone was just screwin wit me too and just pulled the cap off who knows..

Old 01-25-2008 | 02:46 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: a little scared right now need answers!

Sugar does not dissolve in gasoline, but it might clog up your fuel filter or mess with your injectors...

Dusty

Old 01-25-2008 | 02:47 PM
srt4ever
Veteran

If it still runs, and you cant find anything, I would not worry about it, all that much. You auto insurance would cover you if vandals did some fruity thing to your car, so you would be OK there...the fuel filter would be your stop gap in case of a problem.

Run it around for a bit and see what happens, probably just someone screwing with you.[:@]

Old 01-25-2008 | 04:00 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

i was hoping the fuel filter would stop everything i ran it to and from work nothing seemed wrong, im just worried about cleaners like draino that will corrode and rot out everything and i wont know till everythins leaking and its too late

Old 01-25-2008 | 04:39 PM
drewthatsmenb
Professional

hmm i remember the myth busters tried this theory out sugar didn't do anything to the car they poored bleach in the gas tank and all it did was rust up the gas tank a bit but everything they tried never seized up the motor

Old 01-25-2008 | 07:12 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

yeah, i recall that mythbusters.

if your concerned about it happeneing again, a locking gas cap is only like 10 bucks. i suggest getting one. (btw, what was your poor skittle doing outside anyhow)

i always worry when mine is even left in the driveway.

Old 01-26-2008 | 04:09 AM
drewthatsmenb
Professional

jez don't even get me started with that i hate leaving it in the driveway i'm constantly on alert i'm like chuck norris when its in the driveway i'm not sleeping i'm waiting lol i always have a bad feeling like just now i pulled in and i saw a shady *** dude just walking around so now i just keep looking out the window like i just got back from overseas mother ****ers go ahead and try to stick your dirty hand in my bag of skittles i'll kill you (bloody murder scream) lol

Old 01-26-2008 | 04:42 AM
Kapitald
Captain

lol okay then lol....yeah i hate people around my car as well....but as far as the gas tank there isnt much of anything they could put in your tank thats like worse or more volatile than gasoline lol....

*hopefully ur tank wasnt low* cuz if u hardly had any gas left in there i would think it would be more likely to do some damage...whatever it may be...

Old 01-26-2008 | 12:10 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

unfortunatly till i move in one month it stays outside in an open *** parking lot, scarey ever since a year ago when i first came here everytime i heard any noise down to footsteps outside i was peering out waiting lol but i can only stay up so long without sleep my gas tank was about 1/8th of a tank. but i beat the hell out of her last night for about n hour and filled her back up shes happy didnt notice a problem, so im going to hope it was someone just screwin wit me

Old 01-26-2008 | 01:03 PM
whatneon
Professional

some huffers maybe? i hear they go for premium.
rock salt can make a mess for sure.

Quick Reply: a little scared right now need answers!