Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Oil Pressure Guage(aftermarket) install HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 03:28 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil Pressure Guage(aftermarket) install HELP

Does anyone know what size adaptor i need to get in order to the oil pressure sender fit. Unfortunately I left my directions and sender over at my friends, but I need to get the adaptor so I can go over there and put it in.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:30 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your best bet is either to use a thread count gauge and a tape measure or ruler or take both the old and new sending unit to either an auto parts store or hardware store to match up both ends of the adapter, that's what I did was took both sending units to the auto parts store to match them up. When I installed my sending unit on my R/T I simply replaced the factory oil sending unit with the one for my new gauge. I thought that it would cause the oil light to come on since it no longer had a signal being unplugged and all, but it never came on. I guess it needed at least some signal to trip the light.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:56 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well mine tripped the oil light when I unplugged the sensor. I'm just going to pull the light bulb out of my cluster for the oil light. Because the dummy oil light will always be on and since I'll have an oil pressure guage I'll know whether I have low oil pressure or not.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:44 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I thought my R/T's was going to do, but it never did. It should have though, because what if the wire was burned through and the oil pressue dropped to 0, I wouldn't have found out until it was far too late. The light worked, but they just designed it to do nothing at all if the wires connection were broke. Not the best of designs, but it made it nice for adding an actual gauge.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Guage(aftermarket) install HELP