Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

i got some rookie questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008 | 05:55 PM
SRT305
Default i got some rookie questions

I was wondering if u can put a bigger intercooler on a completely stock srt4? What gauges would i need to keep ma car properly monitered? And i may sound really dumb but wtf is a pcm lol can somebody explaine what it is n how it functions? And is a stage 2 kit good for street use? Id really appreciate it thanks.

Old 02-07-2008 | 07:15 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: i got some rookie questions

OK, yes you can put a bigger intercooler on the car. The PCM is the Performance Control Module, which is also sometimes called a ECM (Electronic Control Module), you can upgrade these with the StageKits. Any of theStage Units, (1,2,or 3) are fine for the street, but in Cali you may run into some emissions issues......

Dusty

Old 02-07-2008 | 07:21 PM
SRT305

k thanks so i can put a bigger intercooler on the car even if its completley stock? n What gauges would i need to properly monitor the car

Old 02-07-2008 | 09:31 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

yeah, you can toss a big intercooler on the car when its stock. all the i/c does is cool down the air on its waybetween the turbo and the engine. but running stock, a larger intercooler really wont benefit you very much... just look cooler. and if you get a cheapie intercooler, it could even hurt your performance causing pressure loss. make sure you read the details, a larger i/c will normally lose a little psi. also beware of cheap welding jobs and inlets/outlets. you want the air to flow through easily, not get tossed all around inside the intercooler.

stage 2 does just fine. gives the car a nice power boost

Old 02-08-2008 | 12:43 AM
boostneon

bfmic are cool loking u should get a wideband.

Old 02-08-2008 | 12:22 PM
NeonDon
Rookie

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

OK, yes you can put a bigger intercooler on the car. The PCM is the Performance Control Module, which is also sometimes called a ECM (Electronic Control Module), you can upgrade these with the StageKits. Any of theStage Units, (1,2,or 3) are fine for the street, but in Cali you may run into some emissions issues......

Dusty
Not only engine issues in Cali, cops see the big intercooler, they'll use it as an excuse to pull you over, make you pop your hood, check if you're catless and ticket you if your exhaust is too loud. If you get a ticket for a modified exhaust, you have to take your car to get inspected by the state.

Old 02-08-2008 | 04:49 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: NeonDon

Dusty
Not only engine issues in Cali, cops see the big intercooler, they'll use it as an excuse to pull you over, make you pop your hood, check if you're catless and ticket you if your exhaust is too loud. If you get a ticket for a modified exhaust, you have to take your car to get inspected by the state.

thats why you always keep your stock parts. you can have a back-to-stock day before going in for inspection. then have a back-to-modified day afterwards. i hate how there is such negativity surrounding modifying cars

Old 02-08-2008 | 05:17 PM
SRT305

thanks guys n whats a 50trimm thats really new to me n what are th benefits for having 1

Old 02-08-2008 | 05:18 PM
SRT305

thanks guys and whats a 50trimm thats really new to me? and what benefits do u get from having 1

Old 02-08-2008 | 05:30 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

ORIGINAL: NeonDon

Dusty

thats why you always keep your stock parts. you can have a back-to-stock day before going in for inspection. then have a back-to-modified day afterwards. i hate how there is such negativity surrounding modifying cars
That's one good thing about where I live, they are lax on inspections. I don't recall ever pulling a vehicle over for a suspected violation.....but if you didn't have that front license plate on, watch out!!!!!!!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: i got some rookie questions