Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

AGP Dog bone Motor Mount Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 02:04 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AGP Dog bone Motor Mount Kit

this is only my opinion, so take it for what you will, but i don't think there's much of a difference for the street driven car.

i was thinking about the boombas as well, but i have concerns about the degisn and it's abilities long-term. they look really cool, but i am concnerned that the open design and the thinner sides of the mounts. the stress that is put on these mounts is extreme, especially for those of us that frequent the track and are running, or will be, higher hp cars. the boombas are made from machined aluminum which is a strong materal, but i still am leary of the overall design.

the design of the dogbones are a solid piece, and the psi-fi ones are now also made from machined aluminum (they were made of chomoly in the previous design). i have no idea what the agp version of them are made of, so i can't comment on it.

for my own piece of mind i went with the soild mount from psi-fi over the boombas. don't take this to mean that the boomba's aren't a good mount, i've heard good things about them from those that have them. it seems that people are very pleased with them and how they perform. plus the design of them are more astecially pleasing than many of the other monuts on the market, and they are available in color options as well where other mounts aren't. i am not sure why there is such as difference in price between thier mounts and others on the market. they are not the most expensive mount out there, forward motion wins that one with their $400 mount kit (includes the tranny mount as well).

in the end, it comes down to personal preference. i had concerns about the design of the boombas so i didn't go with them. for a normal street car that is daily driven and doesn't get abused too much, there shouldn't be a problem with any of the mounts out there. you do get what you pay for, but just because one item is more expensive than another doesn't mean that it's necessarily better. do some research with owners of each type of mount first and get their impressions of them and then make a decision. the best info is from those that live with them everyday!

Old 01-06-2005, 08:26 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

I'm gonna agree w/PSI Chick on this one, the Boombas wouldn't be something I'd buy whether they look better or not. Sure people love them, I can't think of a bad thing I've heard about them yet, but with the thinner sides and the hole in the center....I can't see how they'd be that much better than stock.

I don't have a need for a solid mount, I don't race, and I don't really wanna take it to the track. I'd like to get the Prothane Race Mount Inserts, because when I drove Paul's car, I LOVED the fact that the engine didn't move nearly as much if AT ALL, especially when downshifting, and low speeds in 1st and 2nd. This is obviously within the normal realm of everyday driving, I wasn't pushing the car to the limits by any stretch of the imagination.

But no the mount has nothing to do with cracking the oilpan. Its just too far away, if the bolt or bracket fails...thats when you crack it. These pans have a weak spot, but its always blamed on the mount, and that just isnt the case.

The stock mounts are far too flexible to handle the power this car has, PSIChick is right, but like I said, if you keep it in VAC, and venture into boost occasionally, you'll never have a problem. Until then, mounts, whether inserts or solid, are a must for ALL of these cars, along witth the OCC Ghetto or not.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
NeonOrngBlast
Professional

I do plan on racing it i ordered the AGP mounts today. They should be here early next week.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:13 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

I have one in the shop right now. There is no way that mount can touch the oil pan. There is something else going on with stress being transmitted into the pan area....or vibration. I'm going to call my contact at DCX and see if he can dig something up on this..... By the way, I was thinking of getting a torque strut mounted somewhere on the trans side of the motor. I think the wheel hop bull**** is because only one side of that motor is held for fore and aft movement. That drivetrain has got to be cocking sideways with no dog bone or torque strut on the other side of the motor. My uncle is an awesome fabricator/welder. I'll let you guys and gals if we come up with something reasonably solid and light. Just a thought. Ideas anyone??????
ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

no motor mount is going to completly eliminate wheel hop. it will help, but it will not make it completly go away.

and sexy is right, wheel hop has nothing to do with cracking the oil pan.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:23 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Paul from what you told me tonight, sounds like a damn good idea.

Dan's car is the one in the shop right now, the one I got stuck in *growls*. GRRRRRRRRRR lol. But if you watch his engine it rocks almost back and forth at different times. But its so quick its hard to tell unless you stare at it. Paul start his car up and stare at the engine for a bit, you'll see it. Especially because his practically convulses lmao.

Paul lemme know how you make out with what you said tonight. If it works out, I'll get up the money and get it done also.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:21 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

something similar to your idea is already in the works.....

come spring there will be an influx of new parts available for our cars from various places, i have heard of some very interesting projects that are currently underway....

Old 01-08-2005, 01:21 PM
NeonOrngBlast
Professional

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

something similar to your idea is already in the works.....

come spring there will be an influx of new parts available for our cars from various places, i have heard of some very interesting projects that are currently underway....
Hey this is not TV there is no To Be continued. MORE INFO!!!!! MORE INFO!!!!!!![sm=feedback.gif]

Old 01-08-2005, 03:15 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

sorry, can't say more. it was a "don't tell anyone under pentalty of dealth" type of thing! [sm=lol.gif]

Old 01-09-2005, 12:31 AM
NeonOrngBlast
Professional

Ok i cant wait to hear about it later then i dont want you to die so we can let it go! [sm=closed.gif] [sm=forgetit.gif] [sm=ts.gif][sm=ts.gif][sm=ts.gif][sm=ts.gif]

Old 07-10-2005, 02:23 AM
SRT4evr

I put the AGP dogbones on my car. I loved the improvement. I installed both uper and lower. The only time I really notice extra vibration is at idle whth the a/c on. The lower one was a pain to get lined up during installation. One important tip is to check the bolt length of the bolt in the upper mount going into the engine bracket. If you need to replace it, remember it is a hardened bolt. I had the stock bolt strip the end threads at the drag strip because the thread engagement was not deep enough. That was with M/T et drags.

Quick Reply: AGP Dog bone Motor Mount Kit