Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

How does the SRT4 handle in snow?

Old 01-09-2005, 02:26 AM
AaronRogers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does the SRT4 handle in snow?

I know some may not drive theres in snow, but i was curious, how does it handle? Thanks

Aaron

Old 01-09-2005, 02:34 AM
Dark Syde SRT4
Rookie
Default RE: How does the SRT4 handle in snow?

one word.... NO

lol

read your owners manual your tires are not rated or recommended for snow...and i know traction in the rain pwnz me so snow is a hopless shot.. so i will get a gsx for winter driving in alaska when i get there

Old 01-09-2005, 03:31 AM
SRT4@40
Rookie

I have been driving my 2 week old 04 E-Blue around, but you have to be allotttttt more careful. Driving over fresh snow over the top of ice is a really "BADDDD THING!!!!!!" I will be getting a really good set all season tires for mine. Most front wheel drive cars respond well with just all seasons! as I don't do much of the racing thing! I just love it when people see this car & ask "What is that" like they have never seen one!

Old 01-09-2005, 03:35 AM
SRT4@40
Rookie

Forgot to tell you I live in the middle of North Dakota! Also, so you know I have lived here for 16 years! I have allot of experience driving in snow, so some places my be different!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2005, 03:59 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

With the stock BFG KDW-IIS. No way in hell. Excellent wet and dry traction....NOT recommended for snow.

I've had mine out with my 225/40R18 All seasons (smaller tire better in the snow bigger its worse...so yeah mines worse but better than stock) the past week. We've been snowed on like 3 days here. The other day (Thu) we got around 6" at my house. I took my baby out, cause I had to go to class at 7am, and 2nd gear start....taking it VERY easy on the throttle the car was perfectly fine. Right through 6" of snow like no other. I live on a hill too, no problems there either.

Had him out tonight, roads were literally a SHEET of ice...the road just glistened. You got out of your car and almost fell. Again 2nd gear starts I was fine. With a 1st gear start I was spinning a bit even with the throttle I would normally give it. But taking it to like 9% throttle I was taking off perfectly fine (9% throttle compliments of SAFC-II LOL). But I felt better in 2nd, so thats what I did.

My driveway has about 2-3" of packed ice at the start of it, and backing in and pulling in my car does just fine. It crawled up over a foot and a half pile of snow when I was backing in one day. WHOOSH.

But yeah, my baby's a snow monstie, he can do it. Just get some all-seasons or snow tires. You'll be set.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:33 AM
mebigsexymatty
Rookie

with the stock BFG's well lets just say, if your sliding around parking lots then YES THEY LOVE THE SNOW!! but driving in the snow...man i get stuck going downhill (not really but[8D]) i havent changed my tires so i dont know how it goes with other tires...all i know if im drivin the truck around this winter

Old 01-09-2005, 12:42 PM
uiucpilot

Took mine out for a test drive in the snow with the BF's on and wasn't too reassured. I second all the comments previously made. Snow driving in the BF's is a no no. I take my parents Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel 4x4 to work when it snows. That's not too bad a ride when I can't drive my SRT.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i barely made it up my driveway in 1" of snow. i don't drive my srt in the snow now, it doesn't move all that well.....

Old 01-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Ramman38

I put some blizzac snow tires on my car and I haven't had any problems in the snow and ice,the right tires make all the difference

Old 01-09-2005, 05:51 PM
AaronRogers

what size are the rims on these cars?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How does the SRT4 handle in snow?