Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Houston Imports.com mad at SRT owner for wreck?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005 | 01:55 AM
NeonOrngBlast
|
Professional
Default Houston Imports.com mad at SRT owner for wreck?!

Here is another story about street racing maybe its just not a good idea!!!!!!!!

Street Racing

Old 01-11-2005 | 03:21 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: Houston Imports.com mad at SRT owner for wreck?!

I can't quite understand why they're mad at Gabriel for Shaun's actions. Shaun wanted to race him, its Shauns fault if anyones. Granted I hope he recovers well, I'm not going to do what someone on the Houston Imports boards did and say that he doesn't feel any sympathy. I don't feel sympathy either, but I do hope he can recover, and learn from his actions, and hopefully teach others that racing just isn't smart. I'm done with it. My accident taught me a lesson.

Forunately he lived. Unfortunately he lost his car. But I mean those guys are grouping SRT owners together like a bunch of cocky ****** who couldn't care less about anyone. And since when are SRT owners rich?? I found that interesting, our cars are 20 grand brandy *** new.

What would I have done? Stopped. No doubt in my mind. I couldn't have left someone their like that. I'm not going to call Gabriel an ******* for not stopping, he was scared out of his mind. But I would've stopped....thats just me.

Old 01-11-2005 | 03:31 AM
mebigsexymatty
Rookie

yeah right...where cocky...
BECAUSE WE CAN BE [8D]

Old 01-11-2005 | 10:12 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the presence of mind to place the blame where it belongs, on the one who wrecked for his own actions. Now if the guy in the SRT-4 had ran the other guy off the road, then that is an entirely different situation and I would be calling for his blood to be spilled for it. But since he didn't cause the accident he shouldn't be held responsible for it, plain and simple. Everyone knows the risk they take when they street race, the horror stories are quite vast, but they continue to do it and don't know when to quit or when to not even bother with it. I'm amazed after seeing the wreckage that he even survived, I hate to see it come to something this drastic to get the message across, but sometimes this is what has to happen to change the way some people think about what risks they run when doing these things.

Sometimes you need to put yourself in the other persons place. Anyone can say that they would never run, that they would go back and stay with him, but most of that talk is pure BS, because you know that if you hang around you not only gonna lose your license and your car, but also your freedom. You also know that there is a good chance that they will try and blame you for it and put you in prison for many years, even though you didn't cause the accident they expect you to pay for the actions of another. He wasn't forced to race, he chose to race. He wasn't forced off the road, he simply pushed the car past it's limits. These are all decisions he made on his own, he was not forced to do these things.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is just mine.

Old 01-11-2005 | 12:50 PM
mebigsexymatty
Rookie

well put

Old 01-11-2005 | 05:02 PM
Bradmtx

Hi Chick. I feel that the emaphasis is here is misplaced; the argument is not really who or what caused the accident but rather why leave an injured person stranded? Morally (and possibly legally) his reaction however justified was wrong. It took 2 to race.

Old 01-11-2005 | 08:00 PM
NeonOrngBlast
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: Bradmtx

Hi Chick. I feel that the emaphasis is here is misplaced; the argument is not really who or what caused the accident but rather why leave an injured person stranded? Morally (and possibly legally) his reaction however justified was wrong. It took 2 to race.

Ok if you read the post there was several of the guys friends there. Im not saying he was right or wroung. What i am saying is if you chose to race and something happens that you wreck you made that choice. If the guy that im racing waits around for me or not is not the issue. That is his choice mine would be to stop but come on. You are street racing if you mess up and wreck your car its your fault the guy was not in his car pushing the pedal down. If i made the choice to street race then i know im taking a chance of dieing or even worse killing someone that has nothing to do with my race. Maybe they should be looking at why he is in the hospital and not why the other guy didnt stop. I dont think i will be street racing anytime soon.

Old 01-11-2005 | 08:00 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Failure to stop and render aid will get you a visit to the local jail in most places......

Old 01-11-2005 | 08:07 PM
NeonOrngBlast
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

Failure to stop and render aid will get you a visit to the local jail in most places......
Dusty if i was not in a race and a guy wrecks his car and i dont stop to help. I can go to jail for that? Dont get me wrong i would stop and aid but i kinda dont agree with that.

Old 01-11-2005 | 08:18 PM
srt4 driver
Veteran

Another exapmle of Darwinism, live and learn. Streetracing is for Organ Donors. [:@]

Hand these out at your next srteetracing event

Quick Reply: Houston Imports.com mad at SRT owner for wreck?!