Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

greddy turbo timer install instructions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:53 AM
redneckshen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy turbo timer install instructions

well i posted this before i thought but it dissapeared in less than 30 min....

anyone have instructions on how to install greddy turbo timer? got one of the weekend but have no instructions. i cannot get on srtforums due to ISP and havent called them about the issue yet so please do not direct me there because it does me no good. any help appreciated!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:58 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: greddy turbo timer install instructions

Apex'i Install (just make sure the wires from the greddy match the functions of the wires on the Apex'i if you use this install method: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f75/...-timer-168720/[/align][/align]Another one:[/align]http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f75/...-install-5038/[/align][/align]

Old 05-24-2008, 02:09 AM
redneckshen

i really dont mean to be an ******* or anything but after i post "i cannot get to srtforums", a link to srtforums is posted???

Old 05-24-2008, 10:02 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Here:[/align][/align]Well guys and girls, this past weekend I was able to install my turbo timer along with my stereo. This made it easy to access everything because I had everything apart basically. My friend won the GReddy Full Auto Timer unit from a car show and sold it to me for cheap ($40) since he has a NA car. Here is a little how to with pictures for those of you who are as unsure as I was whether or not you could or want to do the install yourself. Enjoy but complete at your own risk!!!

Note-In order to use the auto feature on the turbo timer, it requires you to tap into the speed signal wire on the ECU. This is somewhat difficult and requires going through the firewall. Always be careful.

Tools needed:

Turbo Timer
Wire
Wire Tap-in Connectors
Butt Connectors
Phillips Screwdriver
Wire Crimping Tool
Knife (to cut tape)
Electrical Tape

1. Purchase your Turbo Timer - GReddy Full Auto Timer for me.[/align][/align][/align]2. Decide where in your car you want to mound the turbo timer. For me it was under the stereo in the perfectly sized storage bay.

3. Remove the negative battery terminal.

4. Remove the climate control *****.

5. Roll the center vents forward and at the end of their range, keep twisting while pulling the outside out towards you, thereby removing each vent.

6. Remove the two screws behind the vents.

7. Gently pull off the silver trim piece surrounding the stereo, climate control stuff, storage bay, and vents.

8. Remove the storage bay by removing two screws.

9. Put a hole in the back of the bay big enough to push the turbo timer's wires through. The unit is now ready to be connected.
[/align][/align]10. Time to get to the Ignition Harness. This can be difficult as you are messing with your precious interior. Use force tactfully.

First, loosen the dash. Pull the weather stripping away from the A-pillar and then remove the A-pillar. Remove the screw holding the dash near the fuse cover. Loosen the dash (it is held down by some clips).[/align][/align][/align][/align]11. Remove the screws at the underside of the steering column.[/align][/align][/align][/align]12. Now the gauge trim is able to come up. There are clips at each place where an arrow points. Remove the section directly under the gauges and the steering column cover.
[/align][/align]13. Now remove the screws on the underside of the steering wheel.[/align][/align][/align][/align]14. The two plastic pieces surrounding the key receptacle should be loose from the removal of the screws and removable by pushing one half in and pulling one half out towards the back (held by a clip).

15. Locate the ignition wires which run from the key receptacle, under the steering column, and then up and around the back left side.

16. Remove the piece of tape holding all wires together towards the top of their run.
[/align][/align][/align]17. Find the large red wire amongst the 8 or so wires and tap into it using the tap-in connectors.

[/align][/align][/align]18. Feed the wire down to the turbo timer unit and connect it to the red wire(12v), using a butt connector, off the back of the unit (you must first cut off the harness).

19. Find the thick sky blue wire amongst the 8 or so wires and tap into it using the tap-in connectors.[/align][/align][/align][/align]20. Feed the wire down to the turbo timer unit and connect it to the green wire(ON), using a butt connector, off the back of the unit.

21. Find the black and white wire amongst the 8 or so wires and tap into it using the tap-in connectors. Sorry I didn't take a picture of this, but it is the only black and white wire in the ignition wire group.

***ADDED 2008-04-17 - THERE IS SOME DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD THAT THE AIRBAG LIGHT WILL NOT COME ON IF YOU USE THE BLACK AND ORANGE WIRE (INSTEAD OF BLACK AND WHITE ONE); I HAVE HAD ZERO PROBLEMS WITH MY SETUP, DON’T MIND THE AIRBAG LIGHT AND THUS HAVE NOT ADJUSTED MY SETUP; SO, READ THE THREAD (I RECOMMEND SEARCHING THE THREAD FOR “ORANGEâ€) AND MAKE THE DECISION FOR YOURSELF ***

22. Feed the wire down to the turbo timer unit and connect it to the blue wire(ACC), using a butt connector, off the back of the unit.

23. Now all of you ignition wires should be connected and look like this.[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]24. Now for the parking brake safety feature. In the passenger foot well, find the group of wires near where the highest point of the meeting of the center console and carpet.

25. Remove the tape from that section and find the white wire with black stripe. Tap into it using one of the tap-in connectors.

[/align][/align][/align]26. Feed the wire back to the turbo timer unit and connect it to the brown wire using the butt connector.

27. Now time for the ever elusive speed signal wire. I found it easiest to remove the air box and the battery.

28. Remove the harnesses entering the ECU near the driver's side headlight.

29. Take the lowest harness (black connector) and find a good place to remove some of the black wire loom and electrical tape.

30. Find the white and orange wire amongst the 15 or so wires and tap into it using the tap-in connectors. [/align][/align][/align][/align]31. Feed the wire along the engine bay to the firewall behind the battery. There is a small hole that enters the driver's foot well there almost directly behind the battery, possibly off to the right a little bit.

Here is a picture of the wire coming off the ECU in the engine bay (outlined by the red).

[/align][/align]Here is a picture of my amp wire going through the firewall, you can use the same hole.[/align][/align][/align]32. Feed the wire down to the turbo timer unit and connect it to the purple wire(speed signal sensor), using a butt connector, off the back of the unit.
[/align][/align][/align]33. Find a good grounding point and ground the black wire off the back of the unit to somewhere in the car.

34. Your turbo timer is now fully connected. Replace the negative battery terminal and try out the timer. Once you know it is working correctly, carefully replace all trim using the reverse steps of what you did to remove it!!! [/align][/align][/align] [/align]

Old 05-25-2008, 03:43 AM
redneckshen

must be nice to be able to delete my post and cover yourself after the fact eh?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:59 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Wow, no wonder you got banned from the other forum. I deleted both posts, mine and yours and simply posted up what you wanted instead. Thats the thanks I get for wasting time copying and pasting everything into this thread? Wow....it was a simple reading error. [/align]

Old 05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
redneckshen1

well, i did contact the admin because calling you out can surely not be a bannable office. also, if you would use the powers of reading (once again) before posting i did put in a previous post that seemed to dissapear also that there are issues between my ISP and SRTforums because the traceroute is timing out before it reaches their server. i have friends with the same ISP that are having the same issue hence i was not banned through there and acutally have an account i access at work when i get a change because the cable provider i work for has no issues with that. i know you may be all power happy/hungry but give me a break.

yes it was a simple reading error on your part which is the reason i said anything to begin with. sorry i did not use big letters when i typed that i couldnt access SRTforums from home so that it would be a little more comprehenable. at the same time it does show why this forum isnt that active at all too, god forbid someone correct a mod and get mad because their posts are just up and gone. if you cant take the correction maybe you just need to stay away from the interweb!

but anyway im going to email the information i need to while im here at work today on memorial day and get my isp issue corrected at home so go head and ban this account (you know you wanna) and have a good time!

Old 05-26-2008, 05:49 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

I didn't ban you, I don't have that power. I also never deleted your old thread, I never even saw it. So you'd have to take that up with the people who did so because it wasn't me.The fact that you posted three threads of similar likings is probably why one of them got deleted. It all could have been contained in one thread instead of useless clutter.[/align][/align]I deleted two posts in this thread so it would be fixed containing what YOU wanted it to contain, and so it wouldn't contain nonsense or BS. I admitted my fault and corrected it accordingly to benefit you. Your response was not neccessary, notice I didn't delete that. [/align]

Old 05-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Kapitald
Captain

hmm...i have a hks turbo timer....i wonder if this would work for mine??? *Dr. Evil brings pinky to lips*

Old 05-27-2008, 08:30 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

As long as the wires from yours (that have the same function as these) are wired the same I don't see why not.

Quick Reply: greddy turbo timer install instructions