Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

AGP wastegate and Turboxs boost controller???

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:11 PM
RandySRT4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AGP wastegate and Turboxs boost controller???

Im fairly new to the whole tuner scene, ive always been about bikes. But ive got a few upgrades and my latest have me curious. I just installed an AGP wastegate actuator, and a Turboxs high performance single stage boost controller. Everything went very well, and results are phenomenal. But... at different RPM's the car runs kinda funny, like it needs more or less gas, im not sure. It jerks very subtly, like it needs something. I dont know where i should set the boost controller to? right now its at 17psi, i was told the stock fuel system cant handle more than 17psi. I cant afford to invest a lot of money right now due to a cross country move to florida. But if b***er injectors or Stage 1 ECU would do the trick, then i'll make it happen. Also, is there a correct position for the wastegate to be adjusted to? I just tightened the arm until there was a little pressure. What is the significance of tightening or loosening the arm?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to be "THAT GUY" by doing something stupid, or overboosting. Thanks.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

you want your wga set to about 12psi. turn the mbc off and adjust the wga until you're around that level. the only way to know is to set it and then do a pull and watch your boost gauge. once you have your wga set then adjust your mbc. i would HIGHLY suggest you get a wideband since you're playing with boost levels.

oh and that odd feeling you get while driving is called part-throttle boost (PTB). get used to it, it's not going anywhere. stage 1 would be a great thing to get. it won't eliminate ptb but it will help you not throw codes (which you will throw an overboost code soon if you haven't already on stage 0).

Old 09-06-2008, 02:39 PM
RandySRT4

Thanks i have a few more questions. What is a wideband?? I'll take the boost controller right off and adjust that first. I have already thrown a code from a turboxs RFL BOV. I had it checked and it said intake purge system, so i figured its just picking up the BOV. Is there any way at all to eliminate part throttle boost, like by getting a stage 2 or anything?? I cant afford more than that right now. Like i said before, i have a budget right now. Thanks for your help

Old 09-06-2008, 07:35 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

the only way to get rid of ptb is two things....1. stay stock and don't touch anything. 2. go big turbo. other than that, re-learn how to drive the car with the ptb.

a wideband measures your air/fuel ratio. it lets you know if you are running lean or rich. i highly suggest the innovate xd-16 package. it's more expensive than the aem uego, but it's more accurate and overall just a better product imo/ime.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:00 PM
RandySRT4

Today i took off the boost controller and set the wastegate to 12. Then i reinstalled the BC and played around with it for a while and i didnt like it. I was getting boost lag, PTB again, and inconsistent boost. So i took it back off and turned the wastegate to 15-16 psi and it ran really good. No PTB and consistent boost. Is there anything wrong with this setup? I figured that i would use the BC again later when i get more upgrades in time, like maybe in a 2 yrs or so I might get a stage 3 or 4. All the upgrades i have so far are: Mopar cold air intake, K&N filter, TurboXS RFL BOV, AGP Wastegate Actuator, Granatelli spark plug wires, NGK Iridium cold spark plugs gapped at .038. I have some other visual things: 2.1 million color LED Plasmaglow underbody kit, SRT-4 Badge, Pioneer head unit, 2 12" MTX subwoofers, Mopar Taillights, clear corner lenses, and the ACR package. Let me know what you think about my setup, and anything else you think would help me. Thanks

Old 09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

you can run off the wga alone, but you'll get much more spiking than with the mbc

Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 PM
RandySRT4

Once and a while when I have full boost for 5-6 seconds in one gear, like going from fourth to fifth, or full boost in fifth, the car will just stop for a split second, like the gas cuts out or sumthing. what is that?? is that like an overboost prevention, or a need for more gas?? any help would be appreciated. do you think the "innovate xd-16 package" that you mentioned before would fix this?? and where could i get it? Thanks

Old 09-24-2008, 12:20 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

the innovate is just a wideband, it's not going to fix anything other than possibly preventing you from blowing your motor.

check your plugs and wires. you also might need to turn down your boost

Quick Reply: AGP wastegate and Turboxs boost controller???