Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:19 AM
srt4rez
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plugs

I know this has been said from time to time, but which iridium plugs are best for the SRT-4? Someone told me that the Denso is very good. What about the NGK or Autolite? Anyone has had an encounter with any others out there? Right now, I'm running Autolite Platinums which seems to be alright, but will definitely switch to iridiums, probably by next week.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:16 PM
mldsrt4
Rookie

ive been running denso iridiums in my car since i bought it, put about 20k on them so far, not issues, but i didnt notice any gains....id say if you run your car real rich they are most likley the plugs to go with. i went with them because of this forum and becasue i was recommended to use them by numerous people. As far as coil and wires i still have not heard anything persuasive on what set up to go with. Heard alot of people say MSD set up sucked but i have had them in for last 20k as well again with no problems, i went with MSD simply becasue its red.....best 'o luck

Old 03-13-2009, 02:55 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i used denso's, loved them. tried the ngk's, my car hated them. so did my boyfriend's. we both went back to denso's and never had a problem. smoother idle, good response. can't complain. and they last a lot longer than coppers.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:51 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

yea the densos are the only way to go. i for sure noticed a smother idle over the stock plugs. i got them too because of this forum and to be honest ive never tried any other one but since these worked so well and still do why change em

Old 03-14-2009, 12:52 PM
70x7
Veteran

ngks have always worked for me. Even for my high horsepower configuration. ngk 6309 when I had larger turbo, but on stocker I use and recommend ngk 4306

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs