Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

'04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 08:01 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX

here's a question....why was the srt running 119 octane? and where the hell did it get it? that's not exactly a common octane rating to find at the pumps or even your local race shop. i run 117, and people think i'm nuts for that!

i've raced wrx's and sti's before. the wrx i'm not impressed with in stock form. modded they do quite nicely, and there are some strong runners around here. sti's are another story. they do mid 13's stock, and will eat an srt alive if it's stock. modded, no. a s2 srt should be able to race and potentially beat an sti. a s3 srt will take a stock sti with no problem.

now i have to say that i'm not all that familiar with the modding potential of the sti. i do know that there are some issue with it, but i haven't seen all that many really fast sti's around here. evo's, yes. but not sti's. and you think i would considering that there must be like 40 of them in a one mile radius of where i am. maybe one will appear this summer?

i absolutely love the sti, so don't think that i'm bashing on the subies. i would buy an sti if they weren't so expensive, but i just can't afford one at this point. and i've put too much work into my srt to let it go now....

Old 07-21-2005, 11:10 PM
avengermike

you are right short on reply to busy being trained to fight for iggorant pep like you, i do have an 04' STI, and no its not dynoed yet, my 03' SVT cobra is what dynoed 440HP & TQ. My STI only hits .05 bar which to my understanding is 7PSI if in wrong then i am. With my boost controller i hit 1. bar which to my understand is 14PSI. say for talk of 119 OCT u can get it here at our drag track. the highest u can get here at the pump is 101.

Old 07-22-2005, 12:01 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

sorry d00d but if you ever owned a srt-4 you would know that s3 stomps all over evos and stis, If your running only 7 psi then you couldnt possibly run w/ 119 Octane gas b/c you would be running into overspray like a ****. Not to mention preignition. .05 bar is half of 14.7 which is atmospheric level. You should be running 14 PSI minimum; otherwise, constantly. If your gauge is measured in pascals then it would be @ .7 not .05 so it couldnt be that. Something is wrong w/ your car if its an sti. Maybe you put on some aftermarket part you thought would add a crap load of hps and didnt or you got turbo lines crossed or maybe your gauge just doesnt work. I love the Stis but they are overpriced if you ask me, and a pain to replace if you blow the motor like 7000 dollars to replace. We arent calling you a liar we just think your story isnt exactly believable... (the way you typed it.)

Old 07-22-2005, 12:22 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: avengermike

you are right short on reply to busy being trained to fight for iggorant pep like you, i do have an 04' STI, and no its not dynoed yet, my 03' SVT cobra is what dynoed 440HP & TQ. My STI only hits .05 bar which to my understanding is 7PSI if in wrong then i am. With my boost controller i hit 1. bar which to my understand is 14PSI. say for talk of 119 OCT u can get it here at our drag track. the highest u can get here at the pump is 101.
How quickly we change our tune (or forget the past) - Just 2 months ago you were praising PSIchick for her automotive knowledge, now we're "ignorant pep".

The STI you say you are driving does run around 1bar stock. There is no debating that, just so you know. Either you have a bad guage, or a leak. There is something wrong if you are only running .5 bar. Also - at .5 bar you aren't beating any srt-4, stock or not.

A 440hp cobra is definitely believable(and not that tough to achieve) - what'd you do?pulley and remap?, it sounded like you were saying that the sti was 440. I would love to see your dyno sheet - I would like to see where the torque hits in those cars(which I respect).

I have seen your truck and the bikes (btw - how fast is the 350 with NO), and some shots of the svt, but when did you sell the srt-4 you got at the beginning of May(I remember commenting about it when you were asking about the 20$ occ.), and when did you get the sti. Hell you hardly had a test drive in the srt-4 if you owned it for that short a period of time. Did you even put 3000 miles on it? It must be nice to be able to buy a new car every month or two. Did you mod the srt-4 at all? Did you get the s2 you were talking about, or the safc?

Didn't mean to be an *** - but you have to understand that the pieces in your puzzle don't seem like they fit - so that is the root of all the disbelief going on.

So - what have you done to the STI and where do you want to go with it? I would like to see some shots - I am sure others would, too.

What is done to the svt? What is done to the f-350?

Thanks for finally posting, btw. I am busy, too, but I am good at finding time to get on here.(I procrastinate well)

Old 07-22-2005, 02:37 AM
black4
Record Breaker

the ghost of andy will forever live on in dodgeforums.[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-22-2005, 02:45 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Is he goin to answer?

Old 07-23-2005, 12:57 AM
black4
Record Breaker

cricket,cricket,cricket.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:16 AM
avengermike

sorry been so long i had orders to ship out so i had my phone line turned off, takes them a day to do that and a week to give my it all back. im on stand by for now.

glad we got this all cleared up, their must be something wrong with my gauge cause i only hit .05bar and with 7 turns on the turbo XS boost controller i hit .1bar. not real sure. i have had my STI for almost two months. i have what some call stage 2 - AEM CAI, Blitz DP back, 4" DP, Turbo XS BOV, Turbo XS Boost controller.

I did have the srt-4 for a short time, not real sure on how many miles i put on it. i bought it in AZ and drove back to NM, thats about 500 miles. think i almost had it for a month. i prob didnt have it long enough but i fell for the sti. i didnt have anymods for the srt-4 yet, glad cause i would have lost more then i did.

as for the SVT i have a 2.8 pulley with the predator pulley tune for now , magnaflow cat back, off road x-pipe, CAI, MGW shifter. they say with a custom tune i can gain 60 more hp and torque. lloking to do twin turbo setup but cost 7K, so i might settle with a kenny bell SC.

I sold the 350 4x4 two weeks ago not real clear on all the parts had a buddy of mine that has a 250 2x4 that runs 11's build it for me. i know it had 150 shot of nos and not sure what nozzel was on the propane. upgraded to a bigger ball bearing turbo, with 4" DP and full exhaust, and bully dog 3 pos chip max hp gain with the chip was 101hp

i will get eh pics up asap, some broke in to my STI on the sec week of having it and stole my dvd,tv,radio, and my cam. but my ex has one so ill get those up also ge teh new pics of the mods on the svt up. and if any of u are ever arond my parts will get a race going, if u bet me in the STI ill break my 04' R1 out. LOL here is a link to the pics i have my site

Old 08-09-2005, 02:44 AM
avengermike

have to say u guys were right about boost on my car it should run close to 14psi. just had the turbo replaced, that old turbo was only hitting .05 bar which should be close to 7psi, and i did beat srt-4s on that psi. my new turbo which is stock does in fact hit short of .1 bar which is close to 14psi, with out any boost controller.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:29 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: avengermike

have to say u guys were right about boost on my car it should run close to 14psi. just had the turbo replaced, that old turbo was only hitting .05 bar which should be close to 7psi, and i did beat srt-4s on that psi. my new turbo which is stock does in fact hit short of .1 bar which is close to 14psi, with out any boost controller.
Hey Mike.

Good to hear a guy admit when he's wrong. I respect that. Still, I am surprised about it beating srt's at 7 psi (or .5 bar, or .05 bar) in any race that goes over 70 mph. Those drivers must have been asleep at the wheel or on some very strong drugs. I promise the srt is better than that.

BTW, I hope I don't sound like an ***, but isn't 1 bar=to 14.7 psi or so (atmospheric pressure) - if so - wouldn't it be the case that you are saying .5 and 1 bar, and not .05 and.1 (which would then be =/- 1 psi). Just a thought ( and I am not an expert on anything - if I am wrong, someone please correct me).

Quick Reply: '04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX