Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

'04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 04:11 AM
avengermike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX

man u got me my pod just came in so i can get a psi gauge. i my type it wrong, but from the time i bought my sti it has only ran .05 bar which is some where close to 7psi. when u all posted it should be more i took it in and they said my turbo was shot. the new came last fri and they installed it today. now my car runs just short of .1 bar without a boost controller, and from what i understand is i can turn it up 3 more psi. i honestly dont have any idea what .1bar is i know its around 14psi. i have raced a lot of srt-4s with the boost controller and without, and always pull away the boost controller would put me close to 1.5 cars ahead. i will get my buddy at work to race me now and let u know the turn out i pulled him last time by three cars running .05bar, AEM CAI, turbo back. i no longer have my dig cam but do have a pic phone and will send u a pic of my bar gauge, with out boost and on boost.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:36 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: avengermike

man u got me my pod just came in so i can get a psi gauge. i my type it wrong, but from the time i bought my sti it has only ran .05 bar which is some where close to 7psi. when u all posted it should be more i took it in and they said my turbo was shot. the new came last fri and they installed it today. now my car runs just short of .1 bar without a boost controller, and from what i understand is i can turn it up 3 more psi. i honestly dont have any idea what .1bar is i know its around 14psi. i have raced a lot of srt-4s with the boost controller and without, and always pull away the boost controller would put me close to 1.5 cars ahead. i will get my buddy at work to race me now and let u know the turn out i pulled him last time by three cars running .05bar, AEM CAI, turbo back. i no longer have my dig cam but do have a pic phone and will send u a pic of my bar gauge, with out boost and on boost.
Dude.

14 psi~1.0 bar

Now - of course you pull on a stock srt-4 with your s2+ sti. Who wouldn't. Now run one stock for stock, and an sti gets a jump off the line and geta a car and a half, maybe two ahead, then just stays there. At higher speed, (80 and up), the srt-4 actually pulls ahead a little, evidenced by the equal trap speed at lower time on the STI. Over 110, the srt-4 will start to pull away. Now run a similarly modded srt-4, against your modded sti, and the results will probably be similar.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:14 AM
avengermike

the one at my work has intake, bov and exhaust, and my car would no longer be SG2 im not using the boost controller, so all i have is AEM CAI, turbo back, BOV. i pulled him two cars running .05bar. i was trying to get him to race me today so i could see what .1bar would do but he wont. i only know one more person here where i live that has the same mods ill try to get on him this weekend. u tell me what MPH the srt-4 is strong from on a roll and i will race him from that speed full out. let me know asap just incase i find one with the same mods. i have raced a stock srt-4, so i really didnt call it a race. we went off the line, from a roll. i even gave him a car head start. and still passed him i got up to 140mph and he was no where in sight. that was on the bad turbo running .05bar, i know the only reason that race ended up like that was cause the driver and as for top end i must of had a good lead on him cause the only reason he cought me was he red light and when he did he gave up and said ur car is just to fast. i even had my buddy with me who weighs 190 and i weigh 210. i would say that guy maybe weighed 190. i did give him my number cause he said he was getting SG2 and i told him will try it then.
thanks mike

Old 02-20-2007, 06:06 AM
AnotherInTheDust

3 of my friends have 2004 Srt4's. I have an 06 wrx NON STI with the 2.5liter 241HP. the srt4 will beat a stock wrx 05 2.0Land under but the 2006's have the same motors as the sti's 2.5Lminus the turbo and heads. I run them in the dirt all day long at the track.
Also 2005 - under wrx's only put out213 HP to the wheels stock
my 2006 2.5L put231 on the dyno
So yes 04 srt4 vs. 05 wrx - srt wins
04 srt4 vs. 2006 wrx - wrx wins
based on stock numbers

Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

i love these threads. the debate will rage on forever

it just goes back to my daddy can beat up your daddy

Old 02-20-2007, 10:54 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

ORIGINAL: AnotherInTheDust

3 of my friends have 2004 Srt4's. I have an 06 wrx NON STI with the 2.5liter 241HP. the srt4 will beat a stock wrx 05 2.0Land under but the 2006's have the same motors as the sti's 2.5Lminus the turbo and heads. I run them in the dirt all day long at the track.
Also 2005 - under wrx's only put out213 HP to the wheels stock
my 2006 2.5L put231 on the dyno
So yes 04 srt4 vs. 05 wrx - srt wins
04 srt4 vs. 2006 wrx - wrx wins
based on stock numbers
dyno numbers don't win races. you're forgetting weight and drivetrain lossas speed increases. the wrx is a pig and dies top end. on a highway run a srt will still win.unless your friends suck at driving, that will always make someone lose lol.

i love magazine racers.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:43 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is old.....years old. There should be a grave digger smiley for this.

Yup, the dyno numbers are only part of a very big equation and can mean very little sometimes. Take the Lotus Elise for example, it's under 200 horsepower at the flywheel and matches and/or beats the STi's as it runs very low 13's (13.2@104mph according to C&D) inthe 1/4. Your WRX has 231 at the wheels (I take it yours isn't stock because the stock '06's I've found were around 206 horsepower at the wheels), well most '04 SRT-4's are between 235-246 at the wheels. The WRX will always launch better and might win in a 1/8 mile race, but after that it's gonna be all SRT. All races are subject to the drivers experience and the cars themselves so nothing is set in stone, but in a 9 out of 10 race scenario the SRT-4 will beat the WRX 9 times out of the 10. A rolling start race will make it a 10 out of 10 as will a top end race. Even the heavily Euro/Japanese car biased magazines say how the WRX is heavy andit has"Wait-till-tomorrow turbo lag" as they put it, I wouldn't say it has that much lag from my experience with them. Both are great cars with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Black 4

Look WRXs are like most awd cars--hard to launch and they have alot more turbo lag than the SRT-4. so off the line provided the SRT-4 dosn't blow off it's tires onthe starting line thenthe SRT-4 should beat the WRX in a 1/4 mile. Now that said, if you are talking road racing--- then the WRX should beat the SRT-4 due to bettersuspension andawd.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:27 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is true that the SRT-4 is quicker to 60mph than the WRX, but it will take tons of experience to do it. And yes the WRX, as well as most turbo cars, have more lag than the SRT-4 and it's small turbo.

Perhaps on an off road course or certain pavedroad courses, but on mostpaved road coursesthe SRT-4 out handles the WRX. The WRX is between .78-.81g on the skidpad and the SRT-4 is .84-.86g. The September '05 issue of C&D had a comparision between 5 cars, they were the Acura RSX, Chevy Cobalt SS supercharged, Dodge SRT-4 ACR, Saturn Ion Redline and Subaru WRX. On the autocross course the SRT-4 (40.81seconds) came in1st and the WRX(42.26 seconds) was in 4th, the Ion was 2nd, the SS was 3rd and the RSX was last.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:14 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

yes a lot of people assume that the srt handles poorly when in fact it doesn't. there was a comparison of the acr to the competition m3, and the m3 barely beat the srt on the road course (it won by about .5s and 3mph if i remember correctly). for a car that costs more than double the srt, that's pretty sad.

Quick Reply: '04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX