Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Thinking about the Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Silverrt4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about the Stage 1

Could anyone tell me the positives of the Stage 1 Upgrade. I think I am def. going to buy it next month, I have all the other upgrades such as the Intake, exhaust, wire & plugs. What kind of horse power will I be pushing after I get the upgrade. If anyone ordered the stage1 from Modern Performance how long did it take for you to get it. Thanks for any replies.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
200srt4
Veteran
Default RE: Thinking about the Stage 1

check either mopar.com or modernperformance.com...noth of these sites post th numbers you'll be putting out and explain what you're getting

Old 05-04-2005, 08:26 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stage 1 is very nice and it's best feature is the quicker boost, where you would be on the gas for around 3 psi boost will now be around 7 psi boost instead, it really livens it up. I got mine from Modern and it took 3-4 weeks from when I ordered it. It's a pain getting the PCM and bracket in and out together, it will be easier if you check the hose clamp on the intercooler where the PCM bracket goes around it. If the part that contains the adjustment bolt for the clamp is in your way, most likely it will be, loosen it and rotate that part to the bottom out of your way, this will make it much easier. Just do not forget to reposition the clamp and retighten it when you have the Stage 1 PCM and bracket back in place and bolted down.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Silverrt4
Professional

Thanks RR

Old 05-04-2005, 12:38 PM
fivetoez
Professional

I REALLY enjoy the extra snap's,pops & burbles ,comin out the pipes on de-cel., & the WOT boost hold is a nice feature also!___________5TOEZ_________& then there's the stage 1 emblem!........WOOT!

Old 05-05-2005, 08:56 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a problem. Enjoy getting a Stage 1, I know I have.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:56 AM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

I ordered mine thru Mopar, and it took two and a half weeks. Go Modern. There is no warranty on these parts anyway, so go with who gives the best service. Modern has given me great service....so far.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:58 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

You cant go wrong with stage 1, Bro. and your perfomance would be greater with the addtional mods you already have.[sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: Silverrt4

Could anyone tell me the positives of the Stage 1 Upgrade. I think I am def. going to buy it next month, I have all the other upgrades such as the Intake, exhaust, wire & plugs. What kind of horse power will I be pushing after I get the upgrade. If anyone ordered the stage1 from Modern Performance how long did it take for you to get it. Thanks for any replies.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:25 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

The other nice thing with Stage 1 is it is desensitized to certain codes.....like overboost if you use a boost controller. I think for the money, it is a great place to start.

Quick Reply: Thinking about the Stage 1