Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

K & N Typhoon Install!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005 | 07:56 PM
SRT4STYLIN
|
Professional
Default K & N Typhoon Install!

I should be getting my CAI on Friday or Saturday, and just wanted to know if there are any challenges or problems installing the CAI?

I know this might sound ridiculous, but I like to know what I am getting into before I start. I cant really see it being that difficult, but one thing I have learned about working on cars is that its never as easy, or short of time as you think it is...
Thanks
Andrew

Old 05-06-2005 | 11:31 AM
coyoteyz13
Veteran
Default RE: K & N Typhoon Install!

It's not bad.

Old 05-06-2005 | 10:33 PM
Gump
Record Breaker

there is nothing hard with it just make sure the air temp sensor gromet is installed correctly... its not hard but people put it in wrong and if your turbo sucks it in you can loose your turbo.

Old 05-07-2005 | 03:52 AM
seanie719
Professional

Easy install. Only trouble I had was twisting the rubber tubing onto the turbo. It was little bitch to get on but other than that its easy.

Old 05-07-2005 | 10:08 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Yeah, that is a pain. My problems were with one clamp not being quite large enough and the sensor being relocated so far back that I had to cut some of the tape to allow it to make it there alright. Mine is doing great and looking good. Your gonna hear your turbo like you never have before and when you hit the right RPM's it's gonna scream.

Old 05-07-2005 | 11:51 AM
black4
Record Breaker

mine sounded like a totally different animal when i put my aem cai on.

Old 05-08-2005 | 01:19 AM
redsrt4

i have the k@n typhoon and it only took about 30 mins. to install the only problem was one of the clamps was a little too small it was kind of a bitch but everything worked out

Old 05-09-2005 | 05:35 PM
SRT4STYLIN
|
Professional

Ok, sounds pretty easy.
I cant wait to hear and feel the difference.
I still havent gotten the stupid thing... I swear this is that last time I order from a aftermarket parts store... After this I am going to be a dedicated online purchaser.

Thanks guys
Andrew

Old 05-13-2005 | 06:18 PM
SRT4STYLIN
|
Professional

Ok guys,
Finally got the CAI in and installed it, the clamp at the turbo was a pain(as predicted), but I got through it, and can definitely tell the difference, the car is pulling me back a little stronger, and the sound is gorgeous. I cant believe how cool it sounds. I almost didnt even notice the power difference due to me getting goose bumps over the mean sounds of my car sucking in as much as as it could handle... It is amazing how 200 bucks can make my car seem even more cool than I already thought it was.

Thanks for the help... Ill post some pics when I get the OCC, and Prothane inserts installed this weekend.

Andrew

Old 05-14-2005 | 02:43 AM
BigMac
Professional

Just be aware, as was mentioned above, that K&Ns have been known to suck that sensor grommet into the turbo:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141422

Hopefully that doesn't happen with the newer ones, but I thought you might want to know.

Quick Reply: K & N Typhoon Install!