Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

srt-4 vs. saturn redline?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 05:03 AM
American__Muscle
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: srt-4 vs. saturn redline?

agreed. just hope that thing is actually stock like he said. That's happened to me before, said it was stock but wasnt. ...but then again that wasnt for a "considerable amount of money" luckily

Old 07-11-2005, 11:57 AM
glhs837

His problem is that there's not a whole lot to do to a Redline/CobaltSS (and yes, they do share a powetrain) yet.

Most heavily modded, and I use that term loosley, are seeing mid-low 14s at best, with only one reported time below the 14.5 mark.

I recommend some reading at redlineforums.com and cobaltssforums.com to really get a feel.

To maximize your advantages, try for a roll from 30 or so. this eliminates any chance of wheelhop killing you, but by all accounts, they have a pretty big issue here also. But if you suck, and they don't, it could be dicey.

Most accounts have the SRT starting to walk away in third, with the gap just increasing.

Old 07-11-2005, 01:42 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

I finally had some fun with a red one near where I live. I am s2 with support, but, If you are a good driver, you should have no problem at all. I know my basis for comparison is a little skewed, but I walked on that thing like it was standing still, and stock srt-4's I have run do much, much better against my car than it did.

Take his money. Just make sure he isn't packing nitrous or something.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:42 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Staurn Redline......... NO COMP!!![sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 07-11-2005, 04:36 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

It will be ugly!!

Old 07-11-2005, 07:05 PM
stackz

I tore one up this past saturday. Was on the way to the dealership to get my new 04's exhaust fixed from the flaw it had when I bought it and ended up stopping behind one at a stoplight.

at first I thought it was one of those "cop family" badges on it since it was just a red...line lol. never saw one before [8D]

anyway, I sat on my clutch waiting on him to pop at the light just in case and he did. I heard him squeak his tires and I floored it.

I came up from BEHIND him, ripped AROUND him, sat there for a second and then jumped out in front.

no problem. I was actually very surprised to be honest with you. He tried again at the next light and I just horribly stomped him since I didnt have to come from behind his *** again.

oh, and I'm still bone stock with only about 335 miles on the clock

but then again...some guys are just horrible drivers...I could tell every time he shifted his car lunged so badly...

Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 PM
orangesrt
Rookie

The considerable amount of money isn't for sure yet but it was near $1000. Yes it is stock he just got it about one month ago and i know that he doesn't have the money to do anything to it yet nore does it sound like he ever wnats to, he says it is fast enough the way it is. I think he said it is his girlfriend car and that she is a better driver than he is but that isn't saying a whole lot either.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:57 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: orangesrt

The considerable amount of money isn't for sure yet but it was near $1000. Yes it is stock he just got it about one month ago and i know that he doesn't have the money to do anything to it yet nore does it sound like he ever wnats to, he says it is fast enough the way it is. I think he said it is his girlfriend car and that she is a better driver than he is but that isn't saying a whole lot either.
Make sure he isn't sandbagging, and inspect his car before you run. If he has $1000 to plunk down on a street race, why doesn't he have money to mod his vehicle? He could be lieing(unless you are positive he is not). He could easily do nitrous for less; or pulley, intake, exhaust, and downpipe...

If he is stock, go make yourself 1000$.
Just don't do it on the street, if possible, try to hit a track, so there isn't any denying the results.

Old 07-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Olie70
Professional

Dude.....take the money and SMILE!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2005, 04:26 AM
black4
Record Breaker

something smells fishy to me be very cauious i smell a set up.

Quick Reply: srt-4 vs. saturn redline?