Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SPENT MONEY TO GO SLOWER. YEAHHH!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 11:07 AM
TRAV
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPENT MONEY TO GO SLOWER. YEAHHH!!

WENT TO THE TRACK LAST NIGHT TO SEE IF ANY OF MY MODS HELPED. WELL THEY DIDN'T. WHEN I WAS BONE STOCK, I WAS RUNNING 14.1'S @ 101 MPH, AND THAT WAS DUE TO SLOW TAKE OFFS FROM REAL BAD WHEEL HOP. WELL I PUT ON THE MOPAR EXHAUST, K & N TYPHOON INTAKE, AND PROTHANE MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS. LAST NIGHT I CONSISTANTLY PUT DOWN 14.7 TO 14.8 @ ONLY 94 - 97 MPH. I'M GETTING REAL FRUSTRATED WITH THIS. I'M ABOUT TO THROW ALL THE STOCK STUFF BACK IN IT. ANYONE ELSE HAVING ANY KIND OF PROBLEMS WITH THE MOPAR EXHAUST ROBBING THEM OF POWER? WAS THE BACKPRESSURE BETTER FOR ME WITH THE STOCK EXHAUST? IT JUST SUCKS TO PUT MONEY INTO IT AND THEN RUN WORSE TIMES. I STILL HAVE THE STOCK PLUGS IN ALSO. I HAVE 2300 MILES ON IT. DO I NEED THE IRIDIUMS? SORRY SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
glhs837
Default RE: SPENT MONEY TO GO SLOWER. YEAHHH!!

Conditions for the stock runs? Temp, humidity? AS compared to these values for you exhaust runs? If you ran stock back in March, and now for the exhaust, this could explian your porblems.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:42 AM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

GLHS is right... there are a lot of conditions that factor into your run - weather being a large concern!!

I can't say much since I haven't been to the track... but 14.7 seems rather slow (no offense). 2300 miles and you're already tracking it?? your warranty is going to love you

You would benefit from better spark plugs - maybe not at the track, but your engine will thank you for it

Old 07-13-2005, 01:43 PM
TRAV
Rookie

THE CONDITIONS ON THE TRACK WERE THE SAME. SAME TEMP. THE CAR JUST FEELS UNDERPOWERED NOW THAT I PUT EXHAUST ON. I POSTED A THREAD A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ON MY EXHAUST. I DROVE AN 05 SRT BEFORE I BOUGHT MY 04. THAT 05 JUST FELT LIKE A BULLET. IT WAS FAST. THEN I BOUGHT MY 04 FOR THE WARRANTY, WHICH IS ABOUT USELESS NOW. I KEPT TELLING MYSELF THAT IT DOESN'T FEEL AS FAST AS THE 05 BECAUSE I'M GETTING USED TO THE POWER. BUT THAT 05 I TEST DROVE, YOU COULD BE IN 5TH GEAR AND JUST ROMP IT. NO LAG, JUST PULLED LIKE A MOTHER. AND IT SNAPPED AND BURBLED LIKE CRAZY(EXHAUST) ALMOST LIKE STAGE 2. MY EXHAUST SNAPS AND POPS TOO, JUST NOT LIKE THE O5 DID. AND YEAH 14.7'S ARE REAL SLOW. I WAS PISSED.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:41 PM
BlackDragon
Rookie

Check your spark plugs

Old 07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

Mabe you have an exhuast leak somewere.

Old 07-13-2005, 06:48 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

more likely a boost leak

Old 07-13-2005, 07:13 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

All the above

Old 07-13-2005, 07:43 PM
TRAV
Rookie

I HAVE A BOOST LEAK TESTER (PVC WITH THE VALVE STEM) THAT I MADE. YOU HAVE TO HOLD YOU FINGERS OVER THE LITTLE LINES OR THEY LEAK INTO THE INTAKE, BUT WHEN I'M CHARGING THE SYSTEM SHOULD MY BOOST GAUGE HOLD PRESSURE FOR A WHILE?? I HAVE NO CLUE. I READ HOW TO BUILD ONE, BUT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO USE IT. I HEARD ONE HISSING LEAK THAT WAS COMING FROM MY OCC, AND I FIXED THAT. BUT MY GAUGE DOESN'T HOLD THE PRESSURE. SHOULD IT?

Old 07-13-2005, 08:34 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

yes it should. have to cap all lines, including the ones that are attached to the intake and the tb. pressurize the system until the boost gauge reads 20psi, and then let it go. it won't really hold boost but it should slowly begin to drop. if you get a sudden drop then you have a leak. listen for any hissing in the engine bay. if you hear a leak but don't know where it's coming from, spray some soapy water on the susected area and try again.

Quick Reply: SPENT MONEY TO GO SLOWER. YEAHHH!!