Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

are srt-4 expensive on insurance

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:12 AM
gamekid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are srt-4 expensive on insurance

i got a 1997 eclipse gsx and i was thinking about buying a srt-4 could someone please tell me how much it is like a month

Old 07-15-2005, 05:42 AM
HEMI TT
All Star
Default RE: are srt-4 expensive on insurance

well how old are you? I am 21 with no citations, perfectly clean record, and I pay to much, 225 for now but I just turned 21 and should be going down on this next months payment. This is Full Coverage with a 500/500 deductable.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

Even more importantly, where do you live. 31 years old with a pretty clean record, and I pay 3400 a year [:'(]on my srt-4.
I see NY, if you are near the city, it could be bad.[:@]

Unfortunately, the srt-4 is in a special ins. group. Too many kids wrapping these turbo'ed 4's around trees.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:51 PM
HEMI TT
All Star

ORIGINAL: posthondaremoval
Even more importantly, where do you live. 31 years old with a pretty clean record, and I pay 3400 a year [:'(]on my srt-4.
Unfortunately, the srt-4 is in a special ins. group. Too many kids wrapping these turbo'ed 4's around trees.
That's rediculous, just because you live in or are near NY it's that expensive. I live in Phx, AZ and we get all of the crappy drivers from California it seems like and I pay 225 a month and I'm 21 w/ a perfect driving record and I thought I was getting screwed, sorry to hear that man.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:02 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

ny and nj have some of the highest insurance rates around. too many people driving in too small a space. not to mention the 9 million livery cabs who can't drive for a damn and usually have no insurance.

i get a pretty good deal on my insurance, although i think i just got lucky. when i bought my car, the model was still very new. they didn't even have it in the computer. i have geico, and i had been with them for about 5 years before anyway, so i got better rates since i was an existing customer. plus, i'm female, 26, and have a clean driving record. i also get a multi-car discount.

my insurance is about $550 for 6 months, or $92 a month for my srt. for both cars it's about $800 for 6 months, or $135 a month.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:03 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: HEMI TT

ORIGINAL: posthondaremoval
That's rediculous, just because you live in or are near NY it's that expensive. I live in Phx, AZ and we get all of the crappy drivers from California it seems like and I pay 225 a month and I'm 21 w/ a perfect driving record and I thought I was getting screwed, sorry to hear that man.
Actually, I am near Philly, even worse.

Gamekid is in NY. I think it's pretty bad there, too.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:05 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

ny and nj have some of the highest insurance rates around. too many people driving in too small a space. not to mention the 9 million livery cabs who can't drive for a damn and usually have no insurance.

i get a pretty good deal on my insurance, although i think i just got lucky. when i bought my car, the model was still very new. they didn't even have it in the computer. i have geico, and i had been with them for about 5 years before anyway, so i got better rates since i was an existing customer. plus, i'm female, 26, and have a clean driving record. i also get a multi-car discount.

my insurance is about $550 for 6 months, or $92 a month for my srt. for both cars it's about $800 for 6 months, or $135 a month.
Damn, girl, who are you with - I need to get onthe horn to them!!!!!

Old 07-15-2005, 02:19 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

geico

Old 07-15-2005, 02:23 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

geico
REally? I am quite surprised. They wanted over 4000 a year for me. Sounds like you, indeed, got lucky. Did you use an agent or just go online/phone in?

Progressive was the best I could find.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:27 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i called and got a new policy, took all of 10 mintues. i had been under my parent's policy before that, so i was an existing customer, which helped. i shopped around before getting the policy too, and they were the cheapest. prograssive wanted like $900 for 6 months, and all state wanted like $1800 (so much for them being cheap!).

Quick Reply: are srt-4 expensive on insurance