Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

hey im new!! help??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 03:55 PM
dOmestIc_rIce
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey im new!! help??

Hey everyone, as of coarse i am new here as well as a noob to domestic cars...but anyway, i am moving from my import habits to domestic rice!! hahah...well i am looking at the SRT-4 and as i have read about them the 2004 models have tranny problems..[&:] well then ill move onto the 05 models which have the Kicker speaker setup[8D]..I LOVE KICKER!! anway have you guys heard of any problems with the 05 models or are they practically the same as the 04 models?? I read that the 05 models were improved from the previous models..and yes i WANT TORQUE!! honda's lag torque![8D] well can anyone help me??

Old 07-27-2005, 04:39 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: hey im new!! help??

ORIGINAL: dOmestIc_rIce

Hey everyone, as of coarse i am new here as well as a noob to domestic cars...but anyway, i am moving from my import habits to domestic rice!! hahah...well i am looking at the SRT-4 and as i have read about them the 2004 models have tranny problems..[&:] well then ill move onto the 05 models which have the Kicker speaker setup[8D]..I LOVE KICKER!! anway have you guys heard of any problems with the 05 models or are they practically the same as the 04 models?? I read that the 05 models were improved from the previous models..and yes i WANT TORQUE!! honda's lag torque![8D] well can anyone help me??
Welcome to the club. This was my first domestic, after over 10 imports, and I have certainly not regreted it in the least.

I don't know about tranny problems, this T-850 is a monster of a tranny. Mine has been solid.

Actually - late year '04 is probably your best bet. 04's and 05's are the same, for the most part, and they seem to test a little faster, in general. Save a couple thousand and get an '04 if you can find it. Then take the $ and get stage 2 with toys and the mopar exhaust. You will eat hondas ALIVE!

Kickers are in '04's, too.

BTW, there is nothing rice about it! You'll understand once you drive it.

Old 07-27-2005, 06:49 PM
orangesrt
Rookie

I have an 05 that I bought in january and no problems yet, even with the occasional beating. It just keeps coming back for more.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:54 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

05's have a shorter warranty (not that it really matters), but also have had some 3rd gear problems, a recall for a ecu reflash, and apparently a batch went out with bent valves.

an 03 or 04 is going to be your best bet. i know a lot of people will say get the 04 for the lsd and "extra power". the lsd does help, and the "extra power" is only a number on a piece of paper.

btw posthonda - the upgraded axles started going in the cars in late september/ early october 04 from what i recall, and lsd was job 1, so no need for a "late build", as the vast majority were built with the upgraded parts.

Old 07-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

Buy American! you will not regret it. I would even prefer you bought a Chevy or Ford than any foreign make. As a representative of the Michigan people, and U.S. citizen, you have know idea how many ways it hurts us ALL to buy foreign. Granted, the pressures brought on the American car companies from so many people buying foreign has resulted in their having to step up thier programs and the SRT is a truly great car even with all its potential faults.
BUY AMERICAN!

Old 07-28-2005, 05:32 PM
srt4 driver
Veteran

I have a '03 and have not really had any problems at all, the car has 22k on it now. The trannys are solid and they are used in Delivery Trucks overseas from what I hear. If you get a used one try to make sure the previous owner didnt kick the crap out of it and you should be fine.
Welcome to America BTW.[8D]

Old 07-31-2005, 05:18 AM
TurboPowered
Veteran

Living in Michigan, it is very important to me also to buy our great American beasts!

Old 07-31-2005, 11:04 AM
bigham
Veteran

PSI Chick what is the difference in the warranty's from 05 and 04? thanks

Old 07-31-2005, 11:05 AM
frogslinger
Captain

Get an 04.