Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

New Tires Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 02:37 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Tires Suggestions

Amy,

Where the heck did you find the Proxes 4's for $90?? Open to suggestion I found them for $114 but the place was out of stock... more diggin' on my end I suppose!

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

i have the proxes 4, and i love them. this is my 3rd set of tires on the srt, and they are the best i've had so far. the toyo t1r's are a nice tire, but seem to be more for autox than street driving (i'm failry certain that the snyder scca srt uses those tires). the proxes are cheap too, got mine for about $90 each!

Old 08-04-2005, 06:08 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Only issue with the T1R/T1S is they dont last at all. They're good tires, but for the price between them and the proxes 4 the proxes are the better choice there.

However I road tested Proxes 4's fro a MONTH on my car. And alls I will say is I HATED them. They were noisy in that they hummed. They have horrible highway wander. They tend to take the car wherever they want to go, and after awhile the tires get so hard you wonder why you bought them in the first place. I did put 3000 miles on these tires if not more. The month I had them I did ALOT of driving. So I did get a good feel.

I went with the best dry-handling tire on the market, which is also cheaper than any of the aforementioned tires, the BFG G-Force Sports. And I absolutely love them. They hook up great, they're quiet as hell, and they dont wander wherever they want. Plus riding on a flat for 80 miles (to grab my spare) and my sidewall is still in pristine shape!!! On the highway too! lol. Yeah kinda stupid, but I had faith in my BFGs. For winter, they wont make it so Ill be swapping them out, but these tires really fkn rock. Thats my recommendation.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:11 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: SRT_YA

Amy,

Where the heck did you find the Proxes 4's for $90?? Open to suggestion I found them for $114 but the place was out of stock... more diggin' on my end I suppose!

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

i have the proxes 4, and i love them. this is my 3rd set of tires on the srt, and they are the best i've had so far. the toyo t1r's are a nice tire, but seem to be more for autox than street driving (i'm failry certain that the snyder scca srt uses those tires). the proxes are cheap too, got mine for about $90 each!
I got my Proxes 4's for a hundy each, out the door at Belle tire. Maybe because I bought my wheels there too they gave me a break on the tires. 225/45/17's. I think they look nice, but I disagree on them being such great tires. I was more impressed with the stock BFG's than teh toyo's, at least in teh grip department.

Danny

Old 08-05-2005, 12:02 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tires I've wanted for some time now and will replace the stock tires on my SRT-4 when they wear out are the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3's. A friend of mine got these after my recommendation and he loves them, he say's they are far better than the Michelin Pilot Sports (the same as the ones that came on the '03 SRT-4's) that came on his '03 Tiburon GT. I loved the Bridgestone Potenza RE 950's I put on my '99 Neon R/T, they are a great all weather performance tire.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:49 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

odd that both of you say that. i've had the proxes 4 on the car for about a year now. i've got about 9-10k on them at this point. i have not found them to wonder on the highway at all (are you sure that was the tires or your problems with the wheels shaking that was causing that?), and they are much quieter than the stock or my last set of tires. i was highly unimpressed with the stock tires, they lasted all of about three months. i'm also not impressed by the kdw's, they just kinda suck. everyone talks about what a great tire they are, but honestly i can't stand them. they're better than the pilot sprots, but way below the proxes.

i've tried many different types of tires, both on my car and driving other people's cars. of all the ones that i have tested, i like the proxes best. the only other one that is comprible (in the same price range) imo are the fuzions.

tires-n-parts.com

Old 08-05-2005, 01:50 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

I thought that although noisy, the stock kdwII's were a great set of tires.

That being said, I will be receiving my t1s's in 225 45-17 to throw on some traklites late next week, and I'll let you know how they roll at that point. I hear great things about them, though. Another plus is that the t1s is the lightest tire on the market. Bye bye to 38 lbs of rotational weight, baby!!!!!

Old 08-06-2005, 12:53 AM
glhs837

My car is on it's third set of tires right now.

Stock Pilot Sports - Loved em, lasted 20K (Woulda cost 180 each to replace)

Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position SO3s - Loved'em jut a little more (seemed to have just a hair more grip), lasted 25K (Cost 150 each)

Yokohama ESV100s - They are okay, I can tell they are a "tier" down the tire food chain, quite honestly. Part of that is the increased treadwear rating. They have been on for 10K now and look to maybe last 25-30K total. (Cost, around $100 each)

All prices are from tirerack, shipping not included (but VERY fast, usually one day, to my door)

Old 08-06-2005, 01:41 AM
kick@$$SRT4nicNcat
Professional

Hey all, I know I know long time since I've posted. Been busy spending time with Nic since he's been home. Been back 5 months yesterday and he's off again in two more weeks for 7 more stupid months... Any way, we're on the 2nd set of tires and I put 45 series Perelli P-Zero Nero's... They are pretty awesome.

Hey Crystal, thanks for callin' and checkin' on me mamma... It means a lot. Love ya baby girl

"There goes my HERO, watch him as he goes"

[IMG]local://upfiles/8970/A1413816D4FD4AE582E2B0A0E3DD17CF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-07-2005, 05:28 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

No problem hunn

PSIChick I thought it was my car at first too. But I drove two other cars with perfect alignment that had them and they did the same thing. Odd.....[>:]

Quick Reply: New Tires Suggestions