Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Having starting issues with my 05 Dodge srt4

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 06:48 PM
car2196035
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Having starting issues with my 05 Dodge srt4

So my srt4 was running just fine yesterday, started everytime, and today it wouldnt even crank over?

This is the first time it's done it. It has struggled to start before, but it would atleast crank and after putting it from first gear to nuteral or a second attempt it would start right up?

My battery terminals look very worn out, but it all lights and even the stereo turn on, I tried jump starting it, and nothing happend, still wont crank.

Im thinking it can be the little switch under the clutch pedal, but im not sure

I would appreciate some help, feedback, opinions on what it could be, anyone thats had this issue before?

Thanks

Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 AM
DeeJayh
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by car2196035
So my srt4 was running just fine yesterday, started everytime, and today it wouldnt even crank over?

This is the first time it's done it. It has struggled to start before, but it would atleast crank and after putting it from first gear to nuteral or a second attempt it would start right up?

My battery terminals look very worn out, but it all lights and even the stereo turn on, I tried jump starting it, and nothing happend, still wont crank.

Im thinking it can be the little switch under the clutch pedal, but im not sure

I would appreciate some help, feedback, opinions on what it could be, anyone thats had this issue before?

Thanks
Always check safety disconnect switches first... It usually isn't them, but when it is, you spend ridiculous amounts of time checking everything else before you check them and wasting amazing amounts of labor lol

Jumper out the safety switch, as in, make it constantly "pressed" by bypassing the switch with another wire or whatever. If your car won't crank after that and you aren't hearing the starter click (i assume) I would try replacing the starter because frankly I'm not quite sure what else could ever cause a no-crank situation with power except a safety disconnect switch...

Quick Reply: Having starting issues with my 05 Dodge srt4