Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

srt-4 vs rsx type-s

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005 | 08:24 PM
MYSRT4
Professional
Default RE: srt-4 vs rsx type-s

props for that i could not have said it any better

Old 09-29-2005 | 02:31 PM
Fly

I've had an '05 RSX-S for a few months and had it out at the track a few weeks ago. There were 3 SRT-4s there as well, one an ACR. With equal drivers the SRT will smoke an RSX all day long, no question. In turns I found myself right up on top of the SRT, but as soon as the slightest of straight came, that thing was GONE! While in stock form I'd have to say the RSX handles better, the right driver with the right ability can use the SRTs power to get it through equally fast, if not faster likely. Personally, I think the SRT is sweet and I wouldn't hesitate getting one with the right deal. I leased my car, got a great deal, love the balance of power and handling and enjoy the day-to-day niceties of leather, sunroof, etc. Plus, I was eager to get out of a sedan and in to a coupe. So, I say props to the SRT boys, SS, SVT and the Japanese folks for bringing us some cool and affordable cars these days!!!

Old 09-29-2005 | 07:44 PM
Olie70
Professional

ORIGINAL: Fly

I've had an '05 RSX-S for a few months and had it out at the track a few weeks ago. There were 3 SRT-4s there as well, one an ACR. With equal drivers the SRT will smoke an RSX all day long, no question. In turns I found myself right up on top of the SRT, but as soon as the slightest of straight came, that thing was GONE! While in stock form I'd have to say the RSX handles better, the right driver with the right ability can use the SRTs power to get it through equally fast, if not faster likely. Personally, I think the SRT is sweet and I wouldn't hesitate getting one with the right deal. I leased my car, got a great deal, love the balance of power and handling and enjoy the day-to-day niceties of leather, sunroof, etc. Plus, I was eager to get out of a sedan and in to a coupe. So, I say props to the SRT boys, SS, SVT and the Japanese folks for bringing us some cool and affordable cars these days!!!
Here here.....and welcometo the forums

Old 09-29-2005 | 10:03 PM
wordslayer
Captain

and this ladies and gentlemen..................

is a classy guy.

Old 09-30-2005 | 10:17 PM
chapsk837

My best friend has the rsx-s and i have the srt-4. we bought our cars about a month apart and have had them for almost 2 years. I would have to say that, though the srt is way faster stock, his rsx-s has had zero problems while my srt has had to many to remember. My wireing harness for one thing and o-2 sensors which have blown like 3 times. Not trying to bad mouth my own car, but i have met many people with srt's and most of them have had at least some form of problem with it. When it comes to speed the srt-4 rules, but otherwise I think that down the road the srt will just fall short of the rsx-s. God damn those acura's and thier 100,000 mile warranty.

Thats why we only get a 30,000 mile warranty, go figure...

Old 10-01-2005 | 03:28 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

we only get a 30k warranty because it's a tuner car that's meant to be modded and abused. a rsx is meant for 30-something midlife crisis guys who wouldn't know how to modify a car if you showed them how to do it.

different purpose, different demographic.

Old 10-01-2005 | 06:03 PM
Silver_Surfer

hmmmmm I'm 35 and I would not trade my SRT-4 for a RSX PERIOD.....

And yes, I do all my own mod's.

Old 10-02-2005 | 01:08 AM
MYSRT4
Professional

Damn shes good!!!!!!!!!! i did not get my SRT for the warranty i got it to eat the crap out of all who try to overcome the SRT

Old 10-02-2005 | 01:40 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

ALL Dodges have that 3/36 and the 7/70 (like us 2004 SRT owners). But who cares about that. I bought an extended warranty on my car, hell yes ALOT of parts have needed repair or replacement. However I still love my SRT-4 nonetheless. I just had a new turbo put it in under warranty at 28,900 miles (so....29,000 miles). The car is an entirely new animal. And no...its no re-man its brand new.

All cars have problems, all cars can go to **** quick or last forever. Its all in how you take care of the car, and how you maintain your vehicle that counts in the long run. Dodge has come a VERY VERY long way from what it used to be back in the days of the K cars and such. And they've really proven themselves.

I have never, and will never own a Honda. I had a brand new 2001 Stratus R/T Coupe in Deep Evergreen when I was 16, that was my first baby. I made the retarded mistake of trading it in for a brand new 2004 Miata MX-5 Special Edition. While the car was fun as hell to drive, and I absolutely loved it. IT had problems. Tranny issues straight from the factory, firewall issues, gasket issues, you name it....it had it. But while I still loved the car, it was no Dodge, and I my friends, am a self-proclaimed Mopar Baby.

Let your "friend" say what he wants. Sometimes people talking everyone else down makes them feel better about their own personal, and sad, situations. Jealousy is what triggered his comments, that or absolute ignorance to what the SRT can do. Keep in mind, I dont care WHAT you drive...

Theres always something better, faster, more modded, and all around nicer than what you drive regardless of its price tag.

Old 10-02-2005 | 03:47 PM
MYSRT4
Professional

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug
Theres always something better, faster, more modded, and all around nicer than what you drive regardless of its price tag.

This is so true no matter how much you put into your car parts, paint, percisoin there will always be a nicer faster more modded car out there

Quick Reply: srt-4 vs rsx type-s