Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

OCC??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005 | 05:42 PM
got boost?
|
Professional
Default OCC??

OCC (oil catch can) i know what it is I'm just wondering what it does/prevents and is it neccessary? Thanks!

Old 10-05-2005 | 06:28 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: OCC??

A lot of srt-4's have oil that gets past the pcv valve. That oil is normally re-routed into the intake manifold, then forms a puddle in the bottom of your intercooler, losing you efficiency, and gumming up the works. The occ will help to prevent this.

Old 10-05-2005 | 06:31 PM
got boost?
|
Professional

Any recomendations for an OCC? I see GReddy has one for about $80... looks pretty but does it work?

Old 10-05-2005 | 06:40 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: got boost?

Any recomendations for an OCC? I see GReddy has one for about $80... looks pretty but does it work?
I have one of those that I won - and it seems nice, but honestly it is still sitting in my living room at the moment. I have the home depot occ on the intake side and pcv, and it has worked great so I see no need for change. Also, the greddy is huge. I don't need any bling under the hood, and that seems like part of the point with the greddy. You do need to empty the homemade occ every week or 2, though, and if that bothers you, it might be a good option. I am under the hood a lot, so it was not an issue for me.

Old 10-05-2005 | 06:46 PM
got boost?
|
Professional

Where can you pick up an OCC at home depot, where would I have to look?

Old 10-05-2005 | 07:09 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

It is actually a cambell-hausfield air compressor filter. Even better than Home Depot(in the tools section with air compressor accessories), where they are 19.99, they go for 12.99 at auto zone, and with the high pressure oil line and 2 3/8"(i think) barb fittings will come to about 25$

Search for a thread with how to's and pictures on install - it is very simple. Basically just pull the hose off the pcv valve at the top of your crankcase near the passenger side (it runs through the manifold tubes then into the manifoldand replace) and replace it with the catch can in line. I can't find the instructions I used, and the srt-4 how to site that everyone used is down due to "user errors". If you still have questoins onhow to install, and what to get, I'll write it up later when I have more time.

here - this link might help.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_131624/mpag...install/tm.htm

Old 10-05-2005 | 07:35 PM
got boost?
|
Professional

Thanks for the help

Old 10-06-2005 | 12:37 AM
Wolfish
Rookie

You NEED to do this. The amount of oil that mine catches is just nasty. I drove around for the first month without one, and it scares me to think of the crap that passed through my system. The DIY one works great, and the price can't be beat.

Old 10-06-2005 | 02:45 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Mine was totally empty. LOL I had an OCC on it, but took it off when it came time to have my pcv changed by the dealer because it was bad.

After that, he's been clean as a whistle.