Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Snow and the SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:53 AM
SPEEDYSRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow and the SRT-4

I'm new to living in an area where it snows (no snow here in Northern Idaho yet, but it will be coming in about a month). 90% percent of the cars here are fwd, someone told me to get all season tires and I would be fine (apparently, the snow fall here is not very heavy, I'm just east of Spokane Washington). Should I go with all seasons or dedicated snow tires?

BTW- got my ride up to 140 mph on the drive up here a couple of weeks ago (it was in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere in California on a straight road with no traffic) I do not openly condone driving this fast, but I had to do it, and it was a thing of beauty!

Thanx,

SPEEDY

Old 10-20-2005, 05:01 AM
Hellboy
Rookie
Default RE: Snow and the SRT-4

it snowed here in portland Or. two years ago, by car was frozen to the ground for a week. when i could get it going it slipped al over the place, so i put it back. get better than stock tires at least.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:32 PM
BB
Professional

I just took my BFG"S summer tires off and put on Avon M550 M&S. I got the tires from Tire Rack. They were rated pretty high, like 1 or 2. ( you can check out there site, owners rate the tires themselves ) They are alot quieter than the BFG'S and handle pretty good. They are also ZR rated. I would put on some kind of All-Season before it snows. The stock tires were only meant for summer and will act like slicks in snow. I live in Wisconsin and who knows when it is going to snow. Hope this helps.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:35 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

all season tires are usless. get a set of dedicated snow tires. the best thing is to get a set of 15" steelies and mount some blizaks to them, you'll be good to go in the snow.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
whatneon
Professional

discount tire direct....steelies and goodyear ultragrip snows ran ~ $450 last year. worth there weight in gold, goes good with the lsd.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:26 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

all season tires are usless. get a set of dedicated snow tires. the best thing is to get a set of 15" steelies and mount some blizaks to them, you'll be good to go in the snow.
+1

Old 10-20-2005, 05:07 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

+2

Absolutely. Some people think all seasons'll do, and they'll get you by in a pinch, but you'll regret not having snows the first time you have to make a panic stop or swerve suddenly. Snows are a must. I thought, with my high level of driving skill and experience, that I would be fine with the stockers and I was way wrong. During our second snowfall I had a 700+foot slide at 30 mph on the highway and it woke me up to say the least. I have Blizzak LM-25's for the winter now, and they were fantastic last year. They turned the car from undrivable in the snow to a blast to drive in the snow. I went with 17's in the stock size because the tire is vr or zr speed rated, and handles and drives a lot better than 15's with a high sidewall when it isn't snowing, and since I got new rims, I have a spare set of 17"'s(the stockers) to throw the snows on, anyway.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:34 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

I use Dunlop WinterSport M2's on my stock rims. 225/45/17....they work like champs. They aren't too expensive and they make a world of difference. I live in Michigan, so snow is a major concern.

Danny

Old 10-21-2005, 12:26 AM
bigham
Veteran

does the regular neon have 15" rims that will fit our srt's

Old 10-21-2005, 03:32 PM
whatneon
Professional

why would you look for used crap when you could have a new set dropped at your door in 2 days for $450? They are probably getting like $25 ea. wheel with that package plus free mount n balance. Try to cobble something together for less...good luck.

Quick Reply: Snow and the SRT-4