Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

WONDERING?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005 | 02:19 AM
ACDCSRT4
Default WONDERING?

I WAS WONDERING WITH WHAT BOV TO GO WITH BECAUSE I HAVE THE MOPAR ONE BUT I HEARD BETTER. I ALSO HAVE THE K&N INTAKE WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THAT IS THERE A BETTER ONE THAT GIVES U MORE HP? I RECENTLY ORDERED THE SPORTLINE EIBACH SPRINGS ANY REVIEWS ON THAT ON HOW GOOD THE DROP IS OR THE HANDALING?

Old 11-02-2005 | 11:43 AM
Silverrt4
Professional
Default RE: WONDERING?

First the Mopar BOV is loved by many, I personally, after having it on my car for over 1 year I am kinda bored of the sound and I need something new. If you are looking at getting a different BOV, one used by a known SRT-4, is the Greddy type S for not too many mods and the Greddy type RS for cars with more boost than stock. I am looking at getting the ATP Aluminum Pressure pipe w/ the HKS super sequential. Going with the ATP pressure pipe you have no need for the block of plate, it is all taken care of the disable you surge valve with vacuum lines. That is about the gist of my knoledge in that department.

Second Eibach makes a nice product. I have the Eibach Prokit b/c I didn't want to be scrapping the ground. The prokit lowered it pretty good, but be prepared for the obvious stiffer ride WATCH OUT FOR THE POT HOLES!!! All in all Eibach is good. Handling is a little better but not to crazy, def. better than stock.

Here is my car lowered!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7737/3F723DE01CC6489CA730152C5D892E75.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-02-2005 | 12:13 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I dont have a Neon, but I'm running an Eibach kit as well....and definitely watch out for the potholes....

I think it's a great kit, and they do make one of the best lowering kits I've ever used... good luck with them!!!

Old 11-02-2005 | 02:45 PM
Silver_Surfer

I have the Mopar BOV and I love it. Just the right amount of noise. It was not too hard to install (let the car sit for 6 hours before doing this) and was cheap at about 60 bucks. Some people have complained they leak, but I followed the short easy instructions, and have never had an issue.

I belong to another site that talks about the SRT-4 and many users have complained that the Eibach springs cause premature wear and some times failure on the stock struts. Be very careful. The Mopar Stage 1 springs cost only 200 bucks and nobody has complained about them.

Good luck

Old 11-02-2005 | 03:33 PM
chasem167
Rookie

Whats a good kit to make ur car ride nice though... i live in tampa and its pothole hell here.

Old 11-02-2005 | 07:19 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: Silver_Surfer

I have the Mopar BOV and I love it. Just the right amount of noise. It was not too hard to install (let the car sit for 6 hours before doing this) and was cheap at about 60 bucks. Some people have complained they leak, but I followed the short easy instructions, and have never had an issue.

Good luck

Several of us here at DF used some Permatex sealer on the gasket for the BOV and I haven't heard of any leak issues from anyone who did that....the Mopar BOV is loud enough to get people's attention without sounding too "rice-like"....I like mine as well.

Dusty

Old 11-02-2005 | 11:36 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

I, too have the bov, and am very happy with it. Like said previously, if you follow the directions and install it carefully(meaning DON'T overtorque it) it will work great with no sealer at all. I have had it on for over a year and had no leaks as a result. I did it with no dressing or sealer adn the thing works flawlessly.

Also note that the DCX guys put one on their s3 cars and it holds fine at 24 psi of boost.

One note on the permatex Hylomar solution - have fun trying to scrape that stuff off if you ever need to take the bov off.

If you do the springs - think about doing some high compression struts like tokico 5-ways. You will eventually blow out your stockers.
Then again - you are at close to a grand at that point - just get some coilovers(you will be much happier).

Old 11-02-2005 | 11:47 PM
JEFF78

I also have the mopar bov and used no sealant. The key is small hands and 68 inlbs of tq on the bolts.

Old 11-03-2005 | 12:41 AM
wordslayer
Captain

Hey guys,,,,it's time for........................................

Dumb question of the month!!! Today's first contestant is Word.

Okay,,,here is my question. Struts are shocks, right? IF struts are shocks, then what are coilovers? Are Tokico's coilovers, too? The guys who put my lowering springs on told me that I won't blow out my struts/shocks. If you put on coilovers, the springs still stay on, right? How come coilovers aren't called shocks?

Next question: My car has 50 series tires. This is, from what I have read, is the height of the sidewall. Now,,,,,when I replace tires, and lets say I put on 45 height tires, will the fenderwell/fenderwhale/fender well (how in the hell do you spell that) Anyhow, will the fender well clearance still be the same as it is with my 50's?? I would rather have 50's, I think, because I like how there isn't much space between the top of the tire and the fender. But, if I put on 45's, wouldn't that make it look like more wheel gap???

Old 11-03-2005 | 02:40 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I've got eibachs on my neon. The ride is a bit on the stiff side. Its a good way to do the job pretty cheap, but ultimately coilovers would be best way to go like others have said. I've had mine lowered with eibachs for over a year and it still rides just fine. Word...it would logically make sense in your case that if you put 45 series tires on your same rims that it would decrease the overall diameter of your wheel/tire thus making it look like more wheel gap. However going from 50 to 45 I doubt you would probably notice much of a gap. You could switch between a 60 series tire and a 40 series like I do. Who wants to guess which set of wheels is for winter and which for summer? LOL. [:-]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1628/9980A5392D1144C7A273F044F968062E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1628/3C9D1E32FE8A41AF8A8CDE6C16AC351B.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: WONDERING?