Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Crooked Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Andy4.7
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crooked Exhaust Tips

Just wondering if anyone elses car came with crooked exhaust tips... lol

I noticed mine when I was taking the keys from the salesman... We asked, is there any reason the exhaust tips are crooked...

And get what his answer was... "No... Someone probably tightened one side more than the other - or something... They're not crooked for any reason" Something along those lines... Which is a hilariouslly rediculous answer. I tell you I'm unimpressed with this dealers service so far... When I took the car, they said they "lost" the second key and would call me the next day if they found it or have me come in that day to program a new one. No call. They called a couple days later, asking how the service was... Said it sucked, and we still havent been contacted about the second key and they said someone would call later to get it taken care of... No ones called. lol I can tell I wont be taking it there for any service most likely. I can get the same crappy or maybe a little better service in town vs driving 15-20 minutes .

And something else I found funny... The SRT4 on Dodges website here has crooked exhaust tips as well lol

http://drivesrt.com/en/dodge/srt4/index.html

You'd think someone would have noticed it.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:31 PM
wordslayer
Captain
Default RE: Crooked Exhaust Tips

Mine has it too. What I have noticed is,,,,,,the drivers side exhaust tip sits slightly lower than the passenger side one. I was going to mention it to the dealer when I took my car there again. I wonder if it is the same one on your car? Mine drives me nuts looking at it like that.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Andy4.7
Captain

My driver side tip sits lower and farther out.

I'm getting the borla very soon so I'm not even bothering with it.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:11 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Its WAYYYY more common on the 05s than any other year for whatever reason. A little tightening and adjusting of the insualtors does well

Old 11-07-2005, 12:17 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the borla system is as bad or maybe worse than the stock sytem for crooked tips. My borla system went for about a year before the driver's side tip got so close to the paint that it was going to make a burn mark. The good news is that the adjustment only takes about a minute and almost anyone can do it. Midas adjusted mine for free when I took the car in for an oil change. I figure it's good for another year.

Dusty

Old 11-07-2005, 12:20 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

it should only take em a few minutes to make you a new key if they wanted to. And the exhaust being straight on em isnt uncommon the same thing was up w/ my vibrant exhaust and 2ng gen r/ts had that problem too.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:17 AM
RED04_SRT4

Mine is the same, a little lower on the driver side.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Silverrt4
Professional

I finally got my Borla upgraded exhaust the way I want and I hasn't moved for about 6 months now. I used an impact wrench and torqued the crap out of the clamps. The tips are not concentric to the cutouts but they are even and not touching the bumper like dusty said, it did have that problem tho. The hanger on the driver side is alot stiffer than the passeneger side, giving the passenger side enough slop to work it's way out of alignment (lower).

Old 11-07-2005, 01:39 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

I am the king of crooked tips

[IMG]local://upfiles/4404/2F9910836BF645248E9421ADDF5C36C5.jpg[/IMG]

- Luckily - the left tip doesn't get quite hot enough to melt or burn the bumper, but the styrofoam will sure melt...as evidenced by the brown staining all over the top of mine. When you cut off the flange and slip it to a 3" dp, aligning the tips can be next to impossible. Plus, even if they are aligned cold, they won't be hot...the borla expands like an inch+ when they get cooking.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:51 PM
SRTpitbull

Who cares mines the same way! ...if it doesnt bother performance it doesnt bother me! Long live the crooked tips ...I am going to get the mopar cat back 2.5 and I will gurantee with me putting them on -they will be crooked!

Quick Reply: Crooked Exhaust Tips