Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

New SRT-4 on the streets

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 04:38 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New SRT-4 on the streets

That's right, I can drive 15 miles from my house, cross a little patch of water called Cibilo Creek, and I'm in another county with car insurance rates 20% lower than Bexar County (San Antonio)...[:'(][:'(]

Old 04-21-2004, 03:59 AM
HEMI TT
All Star

Well I'm going to be paying $298 a month for my SRT-4. I'm 19, no tickets, and had behind the wheel.
Now lets keep in mind this is with a 500 deduct. $100,00/$300,000 or something like that I don't know, I'm on my parents plan so I get the multi-vehicle discount also.

Old 04-21-2004, 03:06 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Ah, to be young again....no, wait, never mind!!!!![sm=smiley36.gif]

What state do you live in?

Old 04-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Tipop
Professional

I picked up my SRT-4 at 12:00 today. HOLY HELL the power suprised me. I can tell its been 5 years since I drove a stick. I stalled it on a hill twice at a redlight to break it in [:@]. Anyway I'm getting used to it, I drove it around for a bit today ( 3 hours non stop).
And only screw up once after that. Blah, stupid large towns and their stopping and going and 99999 red lights. Anyway. I'm in love, and that Kicker system isn't bad at all. SRT-4 will -you- be my babies momma?
But my luck, Soon as I pulled the sweet thing into the driveway from the dealer. It started raining.. DAMN YOU WEATHER!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL! [:'(]

Old 04-21-2004, 07:32 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Forgot to tell you the rain gods don't like SRT-4s...I thumb my nose at them and wash my SRT-4 even in the rain (no waiting in line at the car wash!!!!).

It IS a pretty powerful little beast, isn't it???[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-22-2004, 05:17 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

heh heh- try living in the nw- if you don't wash your car in the rain you don't wash your car at all...

Old 04-22-2004, 06:34 AM
Tipop
Professional

Beast doesn't describe it . I'm starting to get used to it though, I'm not quite sure how I have heard people complain of missing 3rd, its probably one of the best shifting cars I have driven period. I'm so ahppy with is, although somethings are a bit annoying, the good greatly outweight anything bad I could comprehend.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:44 AM
justasxt

Insurance in Phoenix,Az is high and getting higher all the time, most likely for all the same reasons as in San Antonio. We've got the exact
same situation here with retired folks and our neighbors to the south coming across the boarder and driving without insurance. Hemi TT's paying as much every month for insurance as I paid for my 1970 Ford Maverick for the whole year when I was his age. Maybe it's not a fair comparison,but.... then how about this. The insurance on his new SRT-4 costs more than our Cummins Diesel Dually, his mom's Dakota Q/C, and my Neon SXT all put together! Aahh to be young again! I don't think so !!
It also appears to me that insurance companies don't like front wheel cars. My dually insurance costs only $71/yr more than the Neon. The truck, however, cost 3x as much and probably weighs 2x as much.Go figure.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:37 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

When I first starting driving my SRT-4 I missed 3rd gear a few times myself until I got used to it. Like all cars/trucks, it has its little quirks,
but it's still the most fun I've had on four wheels with my clothes on...[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-24-2004, 04:30 PM
v440

lOOK IN MODIFIED MAG OF MAY THE SRT-4 HAS 501 WHP OR GO TO TURBOCHARGERS.COM FOR ALL THE MODS MAKE OTHER CARS PAY IF YOU HAVE TO PAY THAT HIGH INSURANCE!

Quick Reply: New SRT-4 on the streets