Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Brake Light????

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005 | 02:00 PM
flameredsrt
|
Veteran
Default Brake Light????

So i need some input,yesterday i was getting ready to race a turboed SI and when i punched it in first gear the tires broke loose but when that happened my RED brake light flashed on and it chimmed then shut off????It only does it in first and only when im wide open throttle...Checked the brake fluid and its where its suppose to be...Any input????

Old 12-31-2005 | 02:45 PM
bigham
Veteran
Default RE: Brake Light????

please finish story with turbo si want to no details

Old 12-31-2005 | 02:52 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: flameredsrt

So i need some input,yesterday i was getting ready to race a turboed SI and when i punched it in first gear the tires broke loose but when that happened my RED brake light flashed on and it chimmed then shut off????It only does it in first and only when im wide open throttle...Checked the brake fluid and its where its suppose to be...Any input????
Try topping it off a little, go a 1/4 inch over the full line. It is almost certainly the fluid sloshing back when you accelerate now that the brakes have broken in and sucked some of it up.

If it doesn't work let us know.

Old 12-31-2005 | 03:05 PM
flameredsrt
|
Veteran

I raced the Si to 4th gear and he stayed about a car behind the whole time...Of course when i rolled my window down at the next light all i heard was"I smoke those things all the time but my car isn't running right at this time"So me being the cocky a**hole that i am i said"yeah i smoke those all the time and they always have the same excuse,its not running right".He didn't like that very much but how are you gonna roll up on someone and try and race and when you loose make some b/s excuse about it not running right,if its not running right dont try and race..Sorry had to vent god damn honda drivers!!!! No offense to anyone here that drives a honda...

As far as fluid its right at the full line so im gonna ad a lil fluid and see if that does the trick

Old 12-31-2005 | 03:11 PM
bigham
Veteran

its ok you can vent we all feel your frustration with those type of people but i gotta ask a question did you see the spoiler / wing and was it one of those over sized metal ones that make the car look like a shopping cart.. i find that most of the honda owners in my area like those metal shopping cart spoilers

Old 12-31-2005 | 03:12 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: flameredsrt

I raced the Si to 4th gear and he stayed about a car behind the whole time...Of course when i rolled my window down at the next light all i heard was"I smoke those things all the time but my car isn't running right at this time"So me being the cocky a**hole that i am i said"yeah i smoke those all the time and they always have the same excuse,its not running right".He didn't like that very much but how are you gonna roll up on someone and try and race and when you loose make some b/s excuse about it not running right,if its not running right dont try and race..Sorry had to vent god damn honda drivers!!!! No offense to anyone here that drives a honda...

As far as fluid its right at the full line so im gonna ad a lil fluid and see if that does the trick
I have gotten that response soooooo many times man. They just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of fast honduhs out there, but most of the time its all excuses. At least he gave it a good run and actually had a turbo...what i really hate is those kids with fart cans thinking louder = faster and trying to run with us all the time. Tell him you had a warning lamp flashing and beeping at you from the get go and to stop making excuses.

Old 12-31-2005 | 03:16 PM
flameredsrt
|
Veteran

Old 12-31-2005 | 03:29 PM
flameredsrt
|
Veteran

Sorry for the double post.....Actually i was quit suprised it didn't have a spoiler on it and honestly it was a good looking Si(2000 electro blue) but yeah PHR it had a huge exhaust and it sounded like a damn tank(sh*t)....So next time i loose a race i will have to think of a good excuse on why i lost lets see.....huh

SI:Thats a pretty quick car but not quit quick enough
SRT4:Well see what happened is i was in the shower this morning and i slipped and hit my knee, there for when i try and push in the gas pedal i get a sudden pain in it so i cant press the pedal all the way down,but i know i can beat that car i beat them all the time,So just take my word for it......Screw that if you lost to me chances are you lost to the rest of the srt's and your just trying to say that cause you have to find a way to justify putting $3000 grand into a $18,000 car and still gettin worked by a NEON.......Sorry I feel better now!!

Old 12-31-2005 | 05:21 PM
bigham
Veteran

love the excuses

Old 12-31-2005 | 06:00 PM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

Yea, when you lose be a man.

Quick Reply: Brake Light????