Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Stg1 or Stg2

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006 | 07:50 PM
Fantastik 4
Default RE: Stg1 or Stg2

how about this HKS SSQ "vs" the turbo xs "vs" greddy type S

Old 01-02-2006 | 08:02 PM
turbeaux kid
Professional

You can get the TurboXS SRT-4 Blow Off Valve Adapter and the BOV from modern performance for $239.99 with $8 shipping.
for $10 more you can get WeaponR Pressure Pipe with TurboXS RFL Blow off valve, also from modern performance.
As for the HKS and the other one, I'm not ot sure about. Look at modernperformance and see all they have and the prices. I feel like they have the best prices. Another place to look at is www.turboneonstore.com they have some stuff there also, but I think modernperformance has better prices.

Also where do you live?
Any pics of your ride????

Old 01-02-2006 | 08:10 PM
American__Muscle
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Fantastik 4

how about this HKS SSQ "vs" the turbo xs "vs" greddy type S
Well, the quality of all those is good. If you don't plan on doing huge boost, then they're all fine. The greddy and the HKS are the best, but if you are on the stock turbo, then you're obviously getting it just for the sound you like at the price you like. That's what that video is for. I've heard bad things about the "Weapon R" pipe though (fitment issues). Might want to make sure about that first, or consider a different pipe.

Old 01-02-2006 | 08:35 PM
Fantastik 4

sorry no pics yet.. im from houston tx.. i got a message from someone saying this would be a great setup.....
Get a used stage 1 on srtforums. for 200
PTP Wastegate for 100 dollars
Needswings 3" downpipe with cutout for like 200ish
And a boost controller of some sort...
That should be good for high 12's.

so this is alot better then getting stg2 w/toys?????

Old 01-02-2006 | 09:29 PM
05dodgesrt4
Professional

what is the cut out for on the downpipe is it seperate of the oxygen sensor or is that what its for?

Old 01-03-2006 | 02:19 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

sorry no pics yet.. im from houston tx.. i got a message from someone saying this would be a great setup.....
Get a used stage 1 on srtforums. for 200
PTP Wastegate for 100 dollars
Needswings 3" downpipe with cutout for like 200ish
And a boost controller of some sort...
That should be good for high 12's.

so this is alot better then getting stg2 w/toys?????
Maybe on slicks. You are more in the low-mid 13's on street tires, I would say.

I think that setup would be quick, but unreliable. Depends on what you are going for. Hell - if you can get 'em that cheap, who cares. Go for broke, map clamp the car and blow off some 12's before you blow up the engine. Insurance will buy you three more srt-4's if you do. Oh and how the heck do you get an srt-4 for 4500? Is it salvaged? Is it stolen? Is it a seizure car?

Old 01-03-2006 | 02:23 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 05dodgesrt4

what is the cut out for on the downpipe is it seperate of the oxygen sensor or is that what its for?
It is a dump pipe. It diverts the exhaust out a big free flowing hole before the rest of the exhaust. Basically turns the car's exhaust to a full race setup temporarily and you can switch it back and have mufflers...when you want to be legal.

Old 01-03-2006 | 12:10 PM
Fantastik 4

I got it from a auction were I buy al my cars there. There are clean titles and it was repo.. So that setup wil not be safe and I'm safer getting a stg2??? What will get me in the mid to low 12's.. wil a stg1 with a bolt ons or stg2 w/toys?? Thanx for a the info

Old 01-03-2006 | 02:12 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

I got it from a auction were I buy al my cars there. There are clean titles and it was repo.. So that setup wil not be safe and I'm safer getting a stg2??? What will get me in the mid to low 12's.. wil a stg1 with a bolt ons or stg2 w/toys?? Thanx for a the info
On street radials, you are going to need a big turbo or nitrous to get there. On Drag Slicks you might get to mid 12's w stage 2 in hom with a bunch of supporting parts, like 60mm tb, dp, intake and exhaust...

Old 01-10-2006 | 03:16 AM
Tango4160

Hi, I'm new here too and it's really great to see such a cool group of people. I had a question about the stage 3. I've noticed most of you running stage 1 or 2. why not 3? also, I'm in CA and been thinking about investing in a stage 2 or 3 but i'm really concerned about keeping my car smogged. I know the upgrades are intended for track use, but lets not kid ourselves. Anyone in CA know if a stage 2 or 3 will pass a smog check?
Thanks for the help, J

Quick Reply: Stg1 or Stg2