Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

anyone have the mopar exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:51 AM
newsrt4buyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have the mopar exhaust??

the mopar exhaust is made by borla yes??

how is it??

notice a difference in performance of car??

and hows the sound??

would u recommend it?

Old 01-19-2006, 12:37 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: anyone have the mopar exhaust??

what are your plans with the car? for a stock, s1+mods or s2 car it's fine. not that expensive and makes a nice difference in performance. for s3 or big turbo, it's not worth it.

it makes the car a little louder, a little more grumbly (is that a word? lol) and a little deeper.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:44 PM
flameredsrt
Veteran

Yes its made by Borla,think about the factory exhaust, the sound it makes just a lil deeper and a few more pops.For the price and how easy the install was yes i recommend it,but it really all depends on what your gonna do with the ride..If you just want exhaust for the sound and flow BIG thumbs up,If your gonna go into mods(not to deep)definately a good exhaust but your gonna want to put a DP(Downpipe)on sometime down the road,Now if your gonna mod like crazy and shoot for the high 300 to 400hp range your better off just gettin a full 3 in. setup.Hope that answered your ????

Old 01-19-2006, 11:33 PM
newsrt4buyer

well my whole plan with that car is....

in order.

1.mopar bov
2.mopar short shifter + all the accesories "shift ****, shift booth, booger etc."
3. either mopar CAI or a mopar exhaust.. which shud i do first??
4. either mopar CAI or a mopar exhaust..
5.powder coat rims to either bronze or gun metal

and after that ima give my car a little rest.........and later on stage 1....and probably nothing more....stage 1 is still a decision.

is going all mopar ok??

Old 01-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

id leave the bov out. personaly pref really. causes most more problems than gains (i never had a problem with it)

id do
1: shifter
2: exhaust
3: intake

mopar is cool but there limited in products.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:25 PM
nicks2kes
Veteran

i also recomend motor mounts to put the power to the ground, and goin with all mopar products can end up being more expensive than other brand products, just mod ur car the way u like it to be

Old 02-21-2006, 05:19 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sound like you have a good plan. The Mopar Performance parts are very good. Their exhaust is Borla and it has Borlas name embossed on the top of both exhaust tips. I have the Mopar Performance exhaust, BOV, short throw shifter and Stage 1 and they are all great parts. I highly recommend them and I also highly recommend you get an oil catch can (OCC), MSD Super Conductor plug wires and Prothane motor mount inserts. The OCC will keep oil out of your intake manifold, throttle body and intercooler where it doesn't belong, the MSD plug wires will greatly increase spark and fuel mileage, smooth out the idle, increase throttle responsiveness and will even make the exhaust sound a little louder and meaner and the Prothane inserts will stiffen everything up transfering the power to the ground quicker giving it more snap off the line and it will also increase the exhaust sound inside.

Trending Topics

Old 02-21-2006, 04:26 PM
BigE
Veteran

I wish my tips said Borla. They must have gone cheeper tips with the later exhaust kits.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:46 PM
silverblacksrt4
Veteran

yeah i dont have borla on my tips either.. also when i bought my car the previous owner had mopar exhaust on and i'm going to do a new exhaust setup cuz i dont like it and the tips are small.. like big tips!!!

Quick Reply: anyone have the mopar exhaust??