Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Mustang GTs complaining!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006 | 07:45 PM
clean_sx
|
Record Breaker
Default Mustang GTs complaining!

i was getting some work done at the local garage . and me and the mechanic got talking about cars. i said "yup, my sx sure is a nice car, but nothing more than an srt4 wannabe." and he said " yeah, you should have paid the extra $ , then you could make more Mustang GT owners cry about losing to a 4 banger!" I talked to him for a little longer and he also mentioned that his friend that works at the dodge dealership, said to him that he had 4 mustang GTs traded in for srt4s a few months ago. that is funny!

Old 01-28-2006 | 08:13 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Mustang GTs complaining!

I can see that happening with the '05s and earlier GT's......the '06 and the SRT-4 are just about even, depends on your driving skills. Having a few secrets under the hood won't hurt either, but they are coming out with upgrades to the '06 GT as well......sorta like the old cold war "arms race" with the Russians......

Dusty

Old 01-28-2006 | 10:25 PM
wordslayer
Captain

I was one of those people that traded in a mustang GT for my SRT....LOL. I wonder if it was that dealership. I got 13,000 out of my mustang when I traded it in for my SRT, and my mustang was an 02 model, so it didn't do me too bad. I hated losing my mullet though, because I looked, dare I say it, quite hip with it.

Old 01-28-2006 | 11:41 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I had an '87 Stang GT, black, with the rear window louvers that got more attention from the ladies than any car I've ever owned. It felt more solid on the road than my SRT-4, and was fast for it's time, but it's just a nice memory now.........

Dusty

Old 01-29-2006 | 12:54 AM
wordslayer
Captain

Funny you saying that, Dusty. I had lots of people who really liked my mustang, and man, when I traded it in and got the neon, everyone was like, "WHY????? Why did you trade in your mustang and get a neon???" I just answered and said, "I wanted a faster car." They were like, "The car you got is a faster car???" No one ever believes that the little neon is faster.

My mustang was really a good looking car, even though it didn't have gold wheels. I never really liked it, though. I did like the sound of the V-8, but that is the only part of the car that I miss.

Old 01-29-2006 | 03:37 AM
whtblrr05

yeah the sales man i bought my srt from a week ago told me a guy came in and traded his 03 gt for an orange blast pearl srt4 the day before. his gt is still sitting next to my old gsr at the dealership. i caught a lot of slack for trading my teggy away for the srt but only from people who arnt really into the scene to much or even know how to do their own oil change so now when they ask why... i just say because its my $ and thats what i wanted.

Old 01-29-2006 | 03:49 AM
STANMAN

Why trade away, own both, lol! I have an 05 GT as my summer car, and my winter beater is my 05 ACR. Best of both worlds, and you get to keep the mullet, lol!

Oh, and stock for stock, in my GT I beat every SRT I ever raced.

Old 01-29-2006 | 02:13 PM
SRT4 N00B

Well I smoked an old 5.0 yesterday... it was awesome, his car was loud and all that so i suspect maybe a few mods, or just exhaust... dunno from a standstill I was at his rear door (i don't want to mention how bad my launch was) but then from a 40 mph roll I owned him all the way to 100. But jesus his junk was LOUD Like there's ba-waaaaaaaahhhhh and then there was him BA WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

Ya feelin me on that?

Dunno... wish I could leave a sound clip...

Old 01-30-2006 | 10:24 AM
BigE
Veteran

I tried to buy my SRT-4 just after the thanksgiving weekend. The first two dealers I went to, where I knew they had SRT-4s in stock, both said they sold them an hour before I walked in. We got a lot of snow that week here in Michigan, and everyone must of had the same idea as me. Trade in your rwd for 'fun in all weather' fwd. The sales man said he received 1 mustang GT as a trade, I traided my Dakota R/T, and I'm not sure about the other SRT-4 also picked up that day. Ohh the best part was getting to take my first test drive in a SRT-4! The car was one of the cars that was already sold! The sales man said I could still take it out because he didn't 'sign' yet! I looked at him kinda funny, but said to my self wtf. So I beat the crap out of it for a few miles. Break in be damned.

p.s. I still cry at night about loosing my truck. But too many other cars in the garage to keep them all.

Old 02-03-2006 | 12:19 AM
WhtLightning
Professional

I hated losing my mullet though, because I looked, dare I say it, quite hip with it.

LOL

Word, you freak'in kill me!!

Quick Reply: Mustang GTs complaining!