Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

NEED HELP ON BOV BOV BOV

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Import Killer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP ON BOV BOV BOV

MMmmmm i love it already n i dont even have the BOV... i have 600 miles on my srt...just waiting 2 put on a few more so i can start doing some mods 2 it...

Old 05-10-2004, 04:16 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Last time I looked on Ebay, they had a couple of Mopar BOVs up for bidding. One was at $45...[&:]

Old 05-11-2004, 03:12 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

I also would like to know a good bov to put on my srt, i got it 5 days ago and would like to upgrade a few things and this is one. i know nothing about the morpar one but u seem to all like it. Id like to hear some other types with info or if anyone has used them.... if not ill go with morpar....

Old 05-11-2004, 05:31 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

Check the other thread on this subject to see pics of the forge and comments re: it. As for me, you can see my vote above.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:42 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mopar and the Forge are by far the easiest to install. All of the other traditional BOV's require alot more money and parts to put on. With these other BOV's you will need to put in a block off plate where the Mopar and Forge BOV go as well as buying a new pipe with the bung for an aftermarket BOV and then the BOV.[sm=smiley5.gif][sm=smiley21.gif] Definately go with the Mopar or the Forge, I haven't heard the Forge, but I love the sound of my Mopar BOV.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 05-13-2007, 04:29 AM
blackacr
Rookie

I took a chance and went w/ Boomba Racing's BOV, replaces the stocker. I got mine from LFSRacing for $117. The dude that owned my ride b4 me had a Forge BOV on it but blew the diaphram out of it. so I decided to try the Boomba. Sound is good, (not loud though except at high boost, then kinda loud [hssssst sound]) From what I can tell no leaks so far. Also the good thing about this valve is that it comes w/ 3 springs. 13lb, 16lb, & 19lb. So you can have quicker responce. @ stock boost I went with the 13lb. Just another option. http://www.boombaracing.com/

Old 05-13-2007, 09:08 AM
srt4sparks
Professional

same **** i was about to say whats wrong with the mopar. No it doesnt sound as loud even when you get on it but its aggressive. It may not be as screechy sounding as the other ones but that mopar bov distinctive sound is one of a kind that just says bluntly to the point(dont F*#* with me)

Old 05-13-2007, 11:50 AM
redevil
All Star

MOPAR BOV SUCKS!!!!!No wonder everyone calls it Rice plate!!!!For you guys and girls who love buying cheap crap for your cars and dont wanna get past 230whp then mopar bov is perfect 4 you.I got RFL importkiller ....works great, I spike 20 and hold 17 psi.I still got stock turbo, when I go big turbo I'll just add some more washers and she'll still hold, if not I'll just get another bov, but deff. not Mopar.Mopar bov will eventually leak like stock one, plus it won't hold as much boost as another bov will.Good bovs out there are Greddy Type S and RS.HKS SSQ.Turbonetics Raptor(bypassbov)...and lots more.Many go with the HKS due to its unique sound and performance, you wont regreat it.Now if you want something really damn loud and fun the get the RFL.....(R.ealF.uckingL.oud) No hard feelings for all you out there with mopar rice plate

Old 05-13-2007, 01:25 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

you do know that the other name for the rfl is Really F***ing Leaky right? the rfl isn't any better than the rice plate lol

Old 05-13-2007, 05:41 PM
HabitatHxC
Captain

This is what ive found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21kLPYfiIokIts a couple different blow off sounds.