Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

NEED HELP ON BOV BOV BOV

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:09 PM
srt4sparks
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP ON BOV BOV BOV

wait a minute hold it stop how is the mopar bov leaky? This cant be right I remember having my honda accord and it was turbo with a rfl bov the design was way worse than a mopar bov plate and really noisy as for the mopar bov it was more linear from what ive seen and heard. Thus ive tried both and I tip my hat to the mopar no offense.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:35 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

i wouldn't use either personally. i had the rice plate, it lasted about three months and then became a door stop. the problem with the rice plate is that if it's not in completly even or there's not enough rtv on there the plate will leak out the side. it's a completly flat design, so if one screw is tightened even slightly more than the others the plate doesn't sit flat and it thus leaks. the use of copper rtv or gasket maker on the plate helps prevent this, but i still say that a real bov is a much better choice than the "conversion"

Old 05-14-2007, 10:55 AM
redevil
All Star

lmao...thats a kool name chick. I know they tend to leak a lot too....mine hasnt leaked yet and I only got 2 washers on.I know people with nig turbos that got them and they work pretty damn good.But like I said, if it leaks when I go big turbo I'll buy something better...nothing to worry about.....but deff better than mopar!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:34 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

the rfl is fine as a bov, just not on our cars. due to where they sit for us it causes lots of problems. many people always say "but it works fine on x car", yea well x car isn't a srt and we should all know by know that these cars don't respond like many others.......

Old 05-17-2007, 10:30 AM
prpaster
Professional

HKS Bov is always a good choice. I have had one for almost 4 years now and havent had a problem never leaks either and is loud!!

Old 05-17-2007, 05:14 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

yes the hks is a good design, i just can't get over the sound. i recently switched to a turbosmart bov, it's pretty damn loud and sounds good. i'm happy with it.