Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Oil Catch Can Finally

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Bildo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil Catch Can Finally

sorry, nevermind I found them

Old 05-22-2004, 12:57 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Any questions, just ask....[&:]

Old 05-22-2004, 05:42 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, just ask what your looking for or how to do something. If we know we'll tell you, if we don't then we will direct you to someone or someplace that can.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Bildo
Rookie

thanks. I'm going to the track in an hour and I'll throw some time slips on here later tonight or early tomorrow. I've got to go wash the car before I go. I'll probably try to put on the OCC tomorrow and I'll definitely be asking if I have any questions.

Old 05-22-2004, 11:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Good luck at the track, dude. Be safe.....and post those time slips!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-23-2004, 04:45 AM
Bildo
Rookie

Here are my four time slips. Keep in mind it was my first time with my baby at the track and my first attempts at launching hard (which failed miserably). The 2 worst times were when I was trying to launch and I was only around 2k RPM's and before the car started moving forward I was pegging the rev limiter and the back end was sliding out. It was kind of embarassing. I started off the night with the 14.3 and then I had 2 bad ones and then my personal best which will definitely be beaten on Wednesday night when I go again. I know I can hit 13's. On my 2 best times I had my 2 worst reaction times. My intake kept coming apart so I wasn't using the "cold" air part of it or the filter. I think it was working like a short ram instead and I didn't have my allen wrench to put it back together so I called it a night. I was also waiting an hour in between runs so that wasn't too fun either.

Old 05-23-2004, 07:25 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

How do you get a FWD car to cause the back end to slide out on a drag strip?

I have seen those time slips somewhere before, I recoginize the writing on the slips as well as the way they are laid out even though the date on them says 05/22/04. What is up with the 34 and 26 psi, I take it that that is the tire pressure during those runs?

Old 05-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Bildo
Rookie

Maybe it was the front end moving but it felt like the back. I guess it makes more sense that the front was what was moving. Yes, the 34 and 26 were the tire pressures. Are you trying to call me a liar or something RR. Do you want me to change the order and post it again or something? What's up with that? I know me saying the back end sliding out is a little off, but that's what it feels like to me because I'm sitting in the front and I "feel" like I have control over the car up front. Sorry about that.

Old 05-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Bildo
Rookie

Trying to delete this one.

Old 05-23-2004, 08:02 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

No. I was just wondering how the rear seemed to be sliding out on you. I know with mine you can definately tell that the front tires are fighting for traction, the steering wheel seems to get a little squirly. I knew the psi #'s had to be tire pressure, but some may look at it and think it's boost pressure. I'm not calling anyone a liar, I'm just trying to clear some things up, thats all. If I were calling you a liar, I'd say that your completely full of BS, which I have not.

Quick Reply: Oil Catch Can Finally